1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Magic Posturing About Keeping Dwight Howard Until Feb. 2013?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 23, 2012.

1. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Well I guess if you guys Howard soooo dern bad. We need our own franchise player period on who isn't injured and wants a future with our franchise, no don't if we can get Howard that great to but at this point its not worth it, if it was last season I can see giving up the farm but in 2-3 if we suck we get some nice picks then we'll be set for the future with a longer window of contending then if we picked up Howard in his mid prime after back surgery....

Guess you guys see a superstar is so close you can taste it and ready to jump the gun giving whatever they want...

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

That is not even remotely a desperate offer. Desperation would be offering all of our rookies.

If you give up much less than Martin, Lamb, Jones, picks, I bet Orlando really does take Andrew Bynum with no promise of an extension. Not to mention other teams can hop in and offer competitive bids against the Rockets.

Martin + Morris + picks? Seriously? We could get outbid by the Cavs easily if that was our best offer.

3. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

For the right price he is available. I bet it would take 1 or 2 young players (White and Parsons?), the Bobcats 2nd, and expirings.

4. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

This what I'm hoping for...

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Simply NO.

6. Buck88

Buck88 Contributing Member

I get that - I am not the biggest Rudy Gay fan either - but you better have a plan to bring another NAME player in here to go with Dwight or I think he walks at years end. And no Lin does not count.

However if you are on the "play the rookies and tank" bandwagon then you would never trade for R. Gay.

7. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

Why would Carl Herrera post a new thread on Dwight. Sucks to have to look at multiple thread. I'll stop looking at this one and go to the longer active one

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Howard isn't a piece to build around. Moving on.

9. Garner

Garner Member

I smell weakness.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Last season??.... really, when he had 2 months left as a Rocket thats when its worth it to give up the farm?

If you get him this Summer you have a full season with him on your roster to make additional moves to build around him, and you retain his "bird rights." If worse comes to worst you can still trade him at the deadline in February and get back something.

Also, Im not sure if people on here really realize what goes into an NBA physical but its not just a "turn and cough" physical. If the Rockets are to make a deal for any player they have in their plans, they will surely have their doctors examine that players medical records thoroughly and make the deal contingent on a full physical.

If Dwight cannot play basketball this year, the Rockets are not going to trade for him. I dont know why the hell people on this board think otherwise. Yes, there is always some risk involved with a player that is coming off of a surgical procedure, but listen to all the reports that are out there, and this procedure was much less risky than taking on Andrew Bynum's arthritic knees.

11. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

We all knew LA & Brooklyn never had a chance

We all knew this was only about Orlando and Houston

We all know that this continues to be so

So who blinks?

Houston under NO pressure and Orlando have all the concerns.

Again, who blinks?

Kick you legs up, Daryl Morey, and enjoy the respite

12. dobro1229

This might be the dumbest thing I have ever read on here.

"Howard isn't a piece to build around."

hahahahhaha.....

And who is, Terrence Williams???? Come on Clutchfans.

13. conquistador#11

:quoting chris webber: "Ok, ok."

Go ahead and keep Bizzaro, but once lowry gets the three week virus and the raptors are headed for the sixth pick in the draft, don't expect maury to give it to you.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

You have to account for the uncertainty, re-signing and injury. It's not the same as trading for a signed superstar ready to play.

1 person likes this.
  15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Wtf? If he isn't then who is? (lbj is the exception)

Hate on d12 all you want, but to say that is just crazy.

16. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

no comment

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    Rob Hennigan and staff will travel to L.A. later this week. They'll try to persuade Dwight Howard to return to Orlando: http://tinyurl.com/d48guag

18. dobro1229

Reports are the offer was

-One Rookie
    -One or Two draft picks(Toronto pick, possibly Dallas pick?)
    -Kevin Martin's Expiring
    -One bad contract coming back
    -Nonguaranteed contracts of guys like Livingston, Harrellson, Brockman, etc.

Sorry but that offer is pretty standard for any All-Star Calliber player. Also the offer is just enough to trump any other offers out there on the market. If you cant live with making a deal like that then you obviously are just too much of a homer.

If 4 weeks ago the offer was-

-16th pick in the draft
    -Kyle Lowry
    -Kevin Martin
    -One major salary coming back(Davis or Richardson)
    -Fortson, Simpson, Smith

for Dwight Howard

People would have thought Morey was the greatest GM in the world. Now that you have seen some "potential" in Summer league there is some change of heart that somehow these guys are going to trump a player like Dwight Howard in the next 3 years.

Drink some coffee and come back down to reality people.

1 person likes this.
  19. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Looks like all the draft picks will be in camp

20. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Lol no.