1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Wife, the Optimist

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bro2044, Nov 22, 2015.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

As I came home from work tonight, bummed to have find out that the Rockets lost a winnable game and are in the midst of the worst stretch of embarrassing and uninspired I can ever remember watching in Houston Rockets history...

She was quick to remind me that players being added and subtracted, with numerous injuries and inconsistent rotations and playing time reminds her of her Rangers this last year.

She is from Dallas and and no die-hard Rangers fan, but grew up with no basketball. I grew up loving the Rockets, but didn't really watch any baseball. We agreed that we'd support each others fav team. Sorry Astros fans, it's just the truth.

Anyways... so she just reminded me that Texas had a horrible beginning to the season, and everyone felt really down and believed they'd finish low with no chance at the playoffs. Then something clicked just before the halfway point or so (?) and they ended up with a great record over a few months, and not only made the playoffs, but took arguably the best team in baseball to 5 games. Sure, they lost arguably 2-0 lead, but in the beginning no one believed in them at all after the season was arguably few weeks in.

It's a different situation, and sure no one probably cares about this post lol, but maybe a part of her is keeping me somewhat optimistic when all I want to do is give up on this team so I can not care.

Truth is... we could win the next 5 games in a row and be .500 and start from there. It's stupid to have begun so poorly... but it's not even December. It sucks to have already lost a 1/3 of our entire losses from last year, but maybe this year will be more about how we finish. I dunno.

Night Clutchfans.

2 people like this.
  2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Found out*

Uninspired play*

A die-hard*

Lost a* 2-0 lead...

W t f. Wish I had this to type over again?

Why did it autocorrect to arguably so much????
    Stupid phone. I'm tired. Lol.

3. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Lost me at 'she's from Dallas'

4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It is Allright, Bro. No need to fix anything. My phone does this autocorrect thing all the time.

Your wife is correct. It is not how you begin, but how you finish that is mostly important.

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Pics of wife?

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The moral of the story is that Dallas sucks.

1 person likes this.
  7. OpenLayup-Why3?

I'm not worried. This team has too much talent to be this bad for a long time. A good coach would be nice, but we'll start playing better with any coach, sooner or later. Sooner or later Harden will realize he can't continue to damage his image like that and will start driving to the basket more than shooting3s, and also gonna defend with efforts he showed in Knicks game.
    Also, DMo.

8. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Hahahahaha, more "The sky isn't falling." threads.

Sure, we might sneak into the playoffs but doing anything meaningful this year is pretty much out of the question.

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

Harden is 70% of the team. If he plays good we win. Unless you expect Harden to never be good again, otherwise there's no need to worry.

10. omgTHEpotential

Why?..

11. dmorey

dmorey Member

rockets should admit season is over

12. conquistador#11

i can't believe the mavs have a better record than us.

13. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Actions speak louder than words. And their actions are saying that it's all she wrote. Loud and clear.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

15. chandlerbang21

Tell your wife its easy to catch up while playing almost 200 games a season.in the NBA western conference not winning at least 48 games in a season =no playoffs

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This!

17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah... so great story, but if the Rockets just make the playoffs like the Rangers... Who cares??? If that's all this team can do just rest harden and Howard until next year and pull a 76ers (I mean draft might be decent if team doesn't **** that up too). Also, I guess it could be harder to be a Rangers fan, sure they turned it around but **** they also lost 2 back to back world series recently. Unfortunately even with that.. I think at this point I'd have more faith in the Rangers winning a championship before the Rockets and I'm an Astros fan. But your wife is right, something could happen... It's early, but if something doesn't change in the correct direction the GSWs are going to walk all over the weak effort we've seen from the Rockets (when it actually matters).

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Her point wasn't that maybe they can just make the playoffs.

Her point was that even though it does feel very heavily like this season will amount to nothing, that theres still time to do something special. The Rangers didn't win their series, sure... but again that situation is like us taking Golden State to 7 games in the first round. I'm not saying I'd be proud of that team, but I am saying the chance still exists to do something inspiring and meaningful this season because were only a few weeks in.

Its a brutal conference... Believe me I know, and personally I believe the sky is falling, and thats why she felt compelled to tell me this, because shes never seen me so broken up about the team and its so early.

Lol and good try, not posting wife pics on CF... Can't trust you guys with that sht lol.

19. bmd

bmd Member

May I remind everyone that the Rockets were 35-24 in March in 1995 and only finished with a record of 47-35. Won the title that year.

The point is, it's unlikely to win the title after barely sneaking into the playoffs, but if the team comes together at the right time, anything is possible.

If all the talent on this team comes together at the right time, they can make a playoff run. Nothing is over at this point in the season.

20. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Which optometrist office is your wife at? I've been meaning to go in for an eye exam.