1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2015 - 2016

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by cml750, Sep 7, 2015.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per eye witness, suspect was egged on by a crowd of people to kill the victim. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/shooting?src=hash">#shooting</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/attstadium?src=hash">#attstadium</a></p>&mdash; Clarence Hill (@clarencehilljr) <a href="https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/653405109712351232">October 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Still too early in the season to speculate, but the Romo injury could be a blessing in disguise like the Manning injury in 2011 where the Colts landed Andrew Luck and kept the franchise from a hard rebuild.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jerry Jones: Cowboys want to sign Greg Hardy to long-term deal <a href="https://t.co/I020yj3vyE">https://t.co/I020yj3vyE</a> <a href="https://t.co/Z6P4FiUDBX">pic.twitter.com/Z6P4FiUDBX</a></p>&mdash; SI Wire (@SI_Wire) <a href="https://twitter.com/SI_Wire/status/659029854499774464">October 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

4. cml750

cml750 Member

Hardy has played well that is for sure. I am not sure about his character. Everyone deserves a second chance though. Hopefully he keeps his head on straight.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I really like the idea of signing Hardy long term as long as the contract has some behavioral based terms and the cost is not too crazy.

Hardy, Randy Gregory, DeMarcus Lawrence and Tyrone Crawford should ensure we have a great pass rush over the next few years. I am so excited about working Gregory in next to Hardy. Would love to have that for a few years.

As for this season.... Who knows... It has been discouraging and I haven't posted much. Excited about many of the young players for sure. We need to win at least 1 of the next 3 to have a shot at the playoffs. 1 out of 3 is cutting it super close though. Really need 2.

6. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dez is back and michael wants to show seattle what they traded away... plus the seattle o-line took another hit with okung being out today. let's see how many sacks we can rack up.

7. Nero

Nero Member

That blown call by the refs when Seattle tried to take 2 consecutive timeouts was a huge factor in this one-point loss.

Such a wasted opportunity.

Lost season now, I don't see how they can recover to do anything more than get to 6 or 7 wins and screw up their draft position.

Terrible terrible luck this year.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Greg Hardy was late to work and missed meetings last week (such that the Cowboys would care about that) <a href="https://t.co/K5hpF3SXgf">https://t.co/K5hpF3SXgf</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/666289558594695168">November 16, 2015</a></blockquote>

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Greg Hardy is not worth the trouble. And, to say he is not a distraction that takes away from focusing on football is asinine. Every next game he is back in the headlines for all the wrong reasons.

I think a big part of what is wrong with this team aside from the loss of Romo is all the sideshow distractions. And, to pretend the players are solely focused on football with Dez / Hardy blowing up and sideline tantrums is bs. The Cowboys all know these are distractions.

If Romo comes back and this team is all of a sudden is back to its winning ways at a high pace, then I will be amazed because there have been so many fails team-wide this season that even Romo's play wouldn't have been able to disguise or cover for them.

The biggest fail of the season, aside from the Romo and Dez injuries, was Jerry and Stephen not giving Dwayne Harris any credit whatsoever for the talent he brought and just letting him walk when he would have been a bargain. They must have forgot how crappy the kick return game was before without a legit returner. That was a big fail on their part and they should be criticized for that. He settled into that role nicely and, when things are going well in a role, Jerry and Stephen take it for granted and then start thinking "oh...we can manage without" and then we see what happens. We had no choice but to let Demarco walk but we had a choice on Harris. And, it was a huge mistake not bringing him back because they knew he was a quality player. And, where do all our quality players end up going....either Philly or NY.

And, I'm sick and tired of hearing about how we have the best offensive line in football...mentioned as recently as this last game by one of the announcers. It's bs. Granted, we have talent on the line and this is not in question. But, they have regressed this season and they are very inconsistent.

Last season just looks more and more like a fluke. It takes a lot for a team to play well all season. You can't take it for granted for a second. And, going after Hardy was a terrible idea because all it brought was distraction and negativity. I hope they don't re-sign him. His performance hasn't made him worth it and he's just a bad human being and team mate from the looks of it. He brings passion to the point of his own detriment. But, there Jerry is wanting to sign him long term. We all know Jerry would sell his soul to the devil if it meant winning ball games. And, that's basically what he did this season. He learned nothing from his convict players experiment from before. These players aren't worth the trouble.

10. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WoQmNVuXGY0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Draft a QB in the first round, Romo is almost done. Who knows RG3 or Manziel might be available for Jerry.

12. Nero

Nero Member

Oh God No..

At this rate, they will probably lose out.

Meaning, they will have a high pick to spend on a QB, and then pick up a RB in the 2nd. Then work on DBs, LBs and DL, maybe find a guy to groom as Witten's replacement as well, he can't keep going forever, and that guy they have behind him now is just not going to cut it.

13. Surfguy

Cowboys fans be like: "We still got a shot at the playoffs! We're only two games back!".

Umm...this Cowboys fan be like..."Oh...hell no!".

Does anyone think we will beat Washington @ their stadium next week? That would be hilarious if we did but I don't think we have a great game left in us at this point. I guess miracles do happen but probably not next weekend with Washington being 5-0 at home. At this point, a miracle for the Cowboys is they get through a game without a player being injured.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Us making the playoffs would be terrible. Even winning a single game at this point would be painful. Should we lose out, it seems like we will pick b/w #1-#3. We also get a couple extra compensatory picks this year that should be a late third, fourth and fifth if I remember correctly.

Dallas is in an interesting position. This year is a disappointment for sure. My mindset before this season was always 3 more year of Romo. Some of that would probably be injury riddled but I could also see us making a deep run or two. We are still in that position. The most frustrating thing about this year has been not having a developmental quarterback to play for the injured Romo. A young QB could have done better than Cassel or Weeden. I am not criticizing the organization for not having this person. I am just saying that if this same scenario plays out next year, we need to have the young guy to play.

Much of our draft strategy revolves around Greg Hardy and if we keep him or not. If we keep Hardy, Bosa and possibly Kemdiche are less likely to be drafted. Hardy has been inconsistent mentally but has flashed dominance. Dallas does well with these players and it seems like we can get him on a reasonable deal.

Assuming we bring Hardy back, I really want Goff at this point. Giving him a year or two behind Romo could be great for him as well. Dallas had a great draft last year. Combine our compensatory picks with our top 5 positioning and we can afford to take Goff and then add some impact depth. CB,RB,LB,WR come to mind.

My first round big board right now for that top 5 pick.

1. Goff
    2. VHIII
    3. Kemdiche
    4. Lynch
    5. Bosa

15. Surfguy

Hilarious interview on 105.3 The Fan here in D/FW this morning.

The DJs and a newspaper guy (Mac Engle) at the station conducting a phone interview with Jerry asked him "how many more years to do you see Romo (who will be 36 this Spring) being the starting quarterback?". Jerry says "Four to five years!".

At this point, the folks at the radio station all kind of started gasping and one goes "wait...even with all the injur...". Jerry cuts him off and goes "This isn't a damn debate! This isn't a damn debate! You asked me the question and I answered it.". Jerry talked about Romo's skills ans skill set as far as being capable to play 4 - 5 more years but didn't talk about injuries. So, basically silence befell the interviewers and they ended the interview saying "we'll talk to you next week". Jerry did say they need to find a better backup QB to be ready to step in if needed but insisted Romo is starter for 4 to 5 more years.

The interviewers and I'm sure anyone listening was just thinking of all the future injuries. And, they were going to follow up with Jerry on that before he let them have it about the "not a damn debate".

I dunno...this sounds like a recipe for at least 7 more years of mediocrity to me assuming 5 more years of Romo going nowhere and being oft-injured...as well as another 2 years to establish a new QB. This could drag on a decade.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Haha I heard it too! At one point you could hear one of the radio guys bang his head against the desk.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jerry Jones says on <a href="https://twitter.com/1053thefan">@1053thefan</a> that Tony Romo has &quot;four to five years&quot; left in his career.</p>&mdash; Charean Williams (@NFLCharean) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLCharean/status/671701371880534016">December 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tony Romo isn't leaving Dallas for years. Most mortgaged contract in the NFL, would cost $31M on Cap if he somehow weren't there next year.</p>&mdash; Andrew Brandt (@AndrewBrandt) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewBrandt/status/671018748871069696">November 29, 2015</a></blockquote>

18. i3artow i3aller

19. Surfguy

Pretty funny when the NFL Network guys were comparing who had the best chance to win the division and go to the playoffs based on remaining schedule. They all picked the Cowboys to lose all 4 remaining games.

Nowhere to go but up from there. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

If the Boys don't lose on their own then the coaching staff will make sure of it. How in the hell do you have the ball inside the 20 with time running out and you score to allow the Skins the ball to tie you? Steve Young just could not get over how stupid they are.