1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowest point in Rockets franchise history?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Nov 14, 2015.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden was at like 40 ppg during those games too, lol.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Damn, y'all forgot about 2005-06 already. Thought we had addressed our biggest need at PF by getting Stromile. Signed Derek Anderson to finally put a credible SG next to TMac. Everybody on CF was HYPED. I think SI had us preseason ranked 2nd or 3rd in the west. Wound up having a ton of injuries, finishing 34-48, and missing the playoffs. Now that was disappointing.

1 person likes this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree, I was actually proud of that team. If we can keep the talent we have and get that passion and organization back we'd be champions.

5. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Injuries are different though.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That still wasn't as bad as this year. We were bounced in the 1st round after losing by 40 in game 7, TMac and Yao were injured all season and Swift certainly wasn't as good a player as Lawson was last year at that time.

After making the WCF and adding what at the time was like a top 50-60 player in the NBA in Lawson and Harden and Howard are both healthy this year is far more disappointing IMO.

7. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

In terms of disappointment, you're more than equating this 4-6 start with a 34-48 playoff-less season for a team expected to finish as high in the west as the current one? Good lord.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's not the record it's the level of play.

On that team TMac got injured the very first game.

TMac missed 35 games
    Yao missed 25
    Derek Anderson, the key free agent signing, missed 62(!)

We had like 21 players there were so many injuries.

I'm very surprised that your expectations that year were as high as they were this year anyway. That roster vs. this roster is night and day.

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

Lowest point in franchise history? I don't know, that's pretty hard to say. How about, the season after going to the Finals in 86, having your starting and backup guards suspended for drug use?

I don't know. The Rockets franchise has had a lot of high points but also a lot of low points, so it is hard to choose. I will say that I was at the game on Saturday night, the people sitting next to me were cheering very loudly for Dallas, and it was the most miserable I have ever been at a Rockets game.

1 person likes this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Before my time, but I imagine losing a ton of our players to cocaine after making the finals was the lowest point in team history.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You know, Rockets actually exceeded my expectations and fell even lower.

Next low point? Thursday getting blown out by LAL on TNT and Charles laughing about it on the air. You know it's going to happen.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hey surprise!

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

we let Caspi score 19 points
    wow

14. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

Lowest for me as a fan.

Ive backed every Rockets team except for this current Rocket Squad. I cant find myself cheering for one player on the 15 Man roster currently cause I see nothing from them as a team.