1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Aminu Is Impressive for Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by solid, Feb 10, 2015.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Al-Farouq Aminu was taken by the Clippers as the 8th pick in the 2010 draft. I don't know much about him besides that, but he is playing like an All Star for the Mavs in the last few games. The kid is blocking shots, hitting threes, rebounding like a demon. Anybody know his history. Is this his "Linsanity" moment, or is he coming into his own? He looks really good to me?

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Had a decent season in Phoenix. I wish he were big enough for the 4 spot.

I've watched him the last few games. Kind of reminds me of vintage Gerald Wallace without the need to take any shots. Plays very good defense, gets blocks, rebounds, steals, active hands, moves well on offense.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Like an All Star? Calm down...he's only averaging 7 and 6 on 42% shooting his last few games.

He's solid as a guy off the bench, but not much more at this point.

4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I always thought he was an above average hybrid sized player. Hes great off the bench in limited roles. Was kind of pissed that they pick him up as a FA for depth, more so cause I just wanted them to suck so bad. He fits in nicely as their shawn marion replacement.

I remember during draft day he was wearing some fake clear lens glasses and looked r****ded.

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Every time I turn on a Dallas game he is "beasting" and the commentators are raving about him. I can't stand to watch a complete Dallas game.

6. basketballholic

One of the most athletic players in the league.

One of the dumbest players in the league.

7. VBG

VBG Member

Richard Jefferson on the other hand looks like the worst rotation player in the NBA. My god he's terrible

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Great energy guy off the bench, he should be able to morph into a 3 and D SF like Ariza. Make no mistake, Carlisle deserves a lot of credit

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I think ur mistaking him for Wesley Johnson who played for pho, but aminu played for New Orleans and clippers u think before jouning Dallas.

10. Exiled

Exiled Member

When Dallas acquired him I thought it was a great pick ,I remmber some ppl here were't impressed with his talents . The good news we can

11. delishman

delishman Member

Been a fun season of talented guys turning the corner..

DMo, BWright, Faroquer, Whiteside come to mind.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Put up numbers in New Orleans and looked like he could become a reliable rebounder, a few years later it turns out he's one of those guys whose game isn't conducive to actually winning games. Like Ramon Sessions.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Reminds me of a poor mans Shawn Marion

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

What are you smoking?

Charlie V is playing great for the Mavs, that's their real surprise.

Aminu isn't, and they are looking at signing Prince if he can work out a buyout with the Celtics.

Yes, the freaking Prince to replace him.

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Clips took him over Paul George. Yikes

16. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

In last year or so, I used to go through the list of RAPM ranking, and found him as a rare standout(in terms of overall RAPM, especially defensive RAPM) with insignificant salary. He was in NO then.

I posted him as one possible&affordable trade target. He's been one of the top defensive wing player in NBA for quite a few years now.

In the recent game against Portland, he did excellant job on defending LMA when Tyson Chandler can't stop him.

17. NotChandlerParsons

Always been a beastly rebounder, but he can't shoot and in today's NBA as a wing that means you get to spend a lot of time on the bench.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

They aren't looking at signing Tayshaun to replace Aminu.
    They have a weak bench in general. The more length on the bench they can get, the better to put on different floor combinations.

Charlie Villanueva hasn't been great for the Mavs, he has been ok.
    Al-Farouq hasn't been great for the Mavs, he has been good.(Also is learning way more w/the Mavs, Carlisle, Dirk, Parsons, etc than he did in NOLA).

Simple.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

do you have any juicy details on what he is learning from parsons??

20. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Since Jan 2015,

the Mavs played 21 games, Aminu played 19 with 2 DNP, and 2 games scoreless, and average 5.47 points per game.

That's the output in the almost league leading offense and you said he is good?