1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ch 2 video] Morey today (6/26)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

seems like he's busy interviewing rather than scouting

thanks for the vid

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He is a stat boy. Let the men with genuine basketball knowledge judge potential and talent. :cool:

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Hilltopper, thanks for the vid.

I've got to say that I'm becoming a little concerned with how open he seems to be. I sure hope he's got a good poker face.

#4 studogg, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

So Lior Elihu (sp) arrived in town today and will be on the summer league team. Hopefully he's a keeper.

6. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

that excites me i think this kid has better potential than whoever we may get at 26

7. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

He doesn't excite me.

8. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Lior was Vspan back in Israel

9. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

He reminds of Dante Hicks from Clerks without the goatee.

[​IMG]

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

David Dalati: "Tiago Splitter, the Italian, is there going to be a problem getting him out of his contract?"
    Morey: "Splitter is from Brazil and played in Spain."

Classic.

I think Morey is doing fine and CD said quite a bit when he ran the show... but Morey actually said they had scenarios in place that were contingent upon how the draft unfolded. CD would always say, "We've talked about moving up and we always do, but it's very hard to do."

This might have helped you. :)

http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1417/notes_big_baby_vs_big_doobie/

11. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Someone's celly keeps on going off... geez media.. didn't your high school teacher teach you to turn off your cell phone when doing work??

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i have the same concern. he seems to share a bit too much info then tries to cover it up with something like "well i don't want to go into details..." even though he all but did just that.

13. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

didn't seem to be anything new ...

- taking best player available, whether in position of need or not
    - we were good, but need to improve, more likely free agent or trade to improve
    - don't expect any player at #26 to help much this next year, nor get much playing time
    - want a player with best chance on getting on the floor, and not an outside rotation player, since they could pick up someone like that internationally
    - might move up or down, but highest probability is keeping the pick at #26, but have various possible deals in place
    - no sign and trades until later
    - said that Sean Williams needs the most investigation on his background than anyone in the draft
    - Morris Almond is in the pool of players they are looking at ... good shooter, NBA body
    - didn't think Law would slide, but that they had knowledge of him more than any PG in the draft
    - Said they'd wait on international's (perhaps Fernandez?) contract for a year if they had to
    - Splitter would have a chance on the roster, and know his contract situation, but an agent would have to give details
    - Don't think the mock drafts have much impact on where anyone is going
    - Lior isn't affecting our drafting, since we don't know if he'll turn into a significant player, and if we had 2, we'd see which one developed
    (might have guessed wrong on a couple people ... couldn't hear the questions)

- Bonzi is focused, good attitude, and played a big role in why things didn't go well last year, and believe he'll help us this year
    - Lindsey is a loss, but will deal with it after FA and trade time
    - We want VSpan back, he's under contract, and coming back is the best thing for him
    - We haven't talked to any players or agents, so we don't know how FA will go

There's other stuff ... boring interview ... nothing we didn't already know ... maybe someone else can post the rest of the details

#13 Sherlock, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  14. Laozi

Laozi Member

I'm not too worried about Morey in interviews, for all his apparent willinness to share, he has really said nothing. Like just about any other team outside the top 5, who the rockets draft will largely be about what they have, what other teams are willing to offer, and what the envision for the future.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I hope they don't make a judgement based on a good interview with him.

After Williams got booted his coach allowed him to stay on with the team like a redshirt player. That suggests he doesn't have a disruptive personality. Also in the interviews I've heard he comes across quite likeable.

It's his repeated choices away from the team that got him in trouble. For now he's hired John Lucas to keep him focused 24/7 and be responsible for him until he gets NBA contract.

What I'd be worried about is when he has all this money for the first time, doesn't have Lucas there to be responsible for him, isn't getting any playing time... Would he keep the focus or at least pass drug tests?

16. bratna8

bratna8 Member

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

ok i stopped the video after the fast break after the OPENING TIP....

18. Possum

Possum Member

WHY? :confused:

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

There were no trace of any sort of defense in that clip. He was doing nothing but open dunks. Carter would've had a field day with that kind of defense.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Just a guess, but Owner Alexander wanted JVG to get in front of the public (media) and I suspect he is having DaMo show for the show.