1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose door will Morey be at on midnight of free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by okrockets, May 24, 2015.

1. okrockets

okrockets Member

Lamarcus? Love? Jimmy Butler? Someone else? Have at it.

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Jimmy Butter would be amazing..

3. okrockets

okrockets Member

I think any of the three might put us over the top. But I feel like we might have the best shot at Love.

Butler will probably stay and he claims Tomball not Houston. Lamarcus might stay or maybe go to Spurs, not sure if he wants to be second fiddle to Harden. Seems like the best situation for Love and I'll be shocked if he stays in Cleveland.

4. houstontexans

houstontexans Member

Pure shooters. I don't like getting anyone who can't hit on damn free throws and can't shoot. Pure shooters will help us tremendously.

5. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

that's why I want us to add dependable veteran euro Center backup...don't tell me its DMo...bummed back will recur..Capela would still grow...we need someone who can give a different look when Dwight is off the court

6. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I agree with this. We need to sign more 3 shooters. Preferably a guard that can hit them consistently and have proven to hit them over time

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Jimmy Butler would be a perfect fit, and he loves Tomball.

Morey knows this.

Butler and a couple pure shooters.

8. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

I've always been one to think that Love isn't even that good. I definitely don't believe he deserves any all star consideration but absolutely a solid 4 option. I just think his stats have been padded being on that losing Timberwolves team and developing a "I'm the best player on this horrible team so I must do everything myself" mentality.

9. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

If Jimmy Butler signs in Houston I'll do the chicken dance and post it on clutchfans. Hell. Tip Jar contribution free agent signing at that point.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

josh smith

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He won't, but he's a perfect fit.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Aldridge sounds like the most likely candidate, but given the fact that its a S&T proposal the Rockets probably wouldn't be able to get in the door until later when Portland knew he wasn't coming back. Kind of similar to the Igoudala/GSW free agency situation a few years back.

Its going to be a very busy Summer. I honestly think that Morey really is planning on just bringing this group back, and maybe trading for a PG, but when things start happening after draft night in regards to positioning for free agency, I think it will be impossible for Morey to not at least try.

13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why yall naming guys we don't have the $$ to sign?

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree. Bring this team back and go after a real good PG. Familiarity is the new normal and this same team beat a very good Clippers team and jumped in this series with no rest unfortunely. A team that can come back when down 3-1 in a series is a special team in my book, their a PG and good defensive coach away from going to that next Level IMO.

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

16. newAge_Rockets

Jimmy is a restricted free agent, there's no way the Bulls let him go anywhere else. Also, I think Butler has said he wouldn't even sign any other offer sheet out of respect for the Bulls.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly!

18. tested911

tested911 Member

He he can.. It's call for money.

He already turned down an extension offer form the Bulls earlier in the season because he is looking for the money.

Morey pay this man... Give him close to the max and if the Bulls match then they match.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

20. newAge_Rockets

Our best shot is for LaMarcus Aldridge. A player that wants to return to Texas and is unrestricted. We'd just have to convince him that the real chance to win a ring in Houston is worth more than the lore of being the number one franchise player. The thing is that if you sign LaMarcus, you must dump Ariza which would hurt. I'm very interested to see what happens every offseason with Morey.