1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Succesful post-season if we get blown out in game 4?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PJ86, May 23, 2015.

1. PJ86

PJ86 Member

I'd say no, you cannot just forfeit two games @ home because you think you cannot beat them.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The season became acceptable after we beat the Mavs and a true "success" after we beat the Clippers, but yes...it'll be hard to stomach a sweep, even to a team as historically good as the Warriors.

It's a sad end to an otherwise pretty damn great season.

1 person likes this.
  3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Yep. successful season and Rockets had success in postseason.

4. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Very successful

5. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Yes but I really hope we go down swinging in game 4 if we lose

6. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yup, still a success.

But there'll be serious roster change needed if we want to do it again next season. OKC, SAS, NOP will be coming up; we just can't come back with the same roster and game plan.

7. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Yep, J Sizzle nails it.

The Rockets ran into a historically great buzzsaw. It is what it is.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

more or less..ya...

We shouldve stole one game...and tonights loss would not be as devastating. But losing both there and then getting embarrassed on ur home court is just bad.

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Poll?

Yes.

Consider the back story -
    There were debates on how the Rockets would fight for the 8th seed and how we would match up with the mighty Dallas Mavericks after the Chandler Parsons incident.
    We missed on Bosh and Lowry, and later on Dragic and other rumored PG's at the trade deadline.
    We picked up a highly controversial Smith who was doubted by the majority of NBA fans (myself included) and Brewer for peanuts.
    We said that Dwight was just a shell of himself and would never be the same Dwight he used to be.

Reality -
    Rockets battled through extensive injuries to four starters ALL season and ALL post-season, AND
    won the first SW division title
    beat an in-state rival
    made Mark Cuban eat his words
    made history with an epic, improbably fourth quarter comeback
    won a series after being down 3-1
    and made the conference finals, losing to the eventual champions (I'm not really going on a limb, here)

All things considered, it was the most successful it could be without a championship. Most importantly - the future is bright.

Get DMo + Beverley back, develop Nick, KJ, and Capela in the off-season. Tinker with the PF and PG positions as needed. And let's go.

10. dje243

dje243 Member

Yep. Still an excellent season. They have the better team and are a nightmare matchup for us. It hurts but ultimately we made it further than ANYONE thought we would.

11. dmoneybangbang

Successful yes, but we have the potential to win or at least to it to 7. We played them very well the first two games.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Successful yes, but it always hurts more when you are so close.

Hopefully this is something that drives our players all season long.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Hard to miss on Lowry when you don't offer him a contract.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

People here criminally underrated and some still underrate the Warriors because of their hate for them.

They are a historically great team and every stat and eye test supports that.
    And no, it's not just because of them being healthy or the other teams having some injuries.

Please accept it and stop ****ting on our team because you had unrealistic expectations and just got woken up in brutal fashion. We still played an awesome season, considering our injuries and addition of new players. Looking forward to next year.

1 person likes this.
  15. Zergling

Zergling Member

Wildly successful postseason and a huge overachievement.

That said, we're far away from being good enough to win a title. I'd like to think Morey knows this and will make big changes.

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

It depends how we lose. If it's another "no heart" game by the team then it's not a success.

But if it's a hard fought game like Game 2 then yes, it is a success.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Honestly, I wish we would have lost games 1 and 2 by more than a combined 5 points. We were all hoping (and some were even expecting) for the Rockets to win with relative ease, in tonight's game.

Just knowing that we could have been going into tonight's game up 2-0 means that it hurts so much more that we were blown out.

But that's long winded answer to say: yes, a success indeed.

18. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Mavs played surprisingly well against us even though they were down Parsons and Rondo and that team was in total disarray. It was only because of an horrific collapse by the Clippers in game 5 that we didn't lose to them 4-1. The only reason the Rox competed in game 2 in this series is because Harden played godlike (no one else besides Howard showed up in game 2, nor in game 3).

And yet...this playoffs IS a success and because we made it to the WCF.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No Nba world championship means no success. Houston stop with the bs. Mediocrity needs to go away from this city and it's fans.

20. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

It is successful but no way can we allow a sweep. Now that I have been dragged back to reality I know that the truth is that this team overachieved. We did way more then less with most team could have. That is why I stand by McHale. I would love to smash them in game four. All of the talking heads looked past us and we should have taken game two. I am going to game four and I promise all of you that I will lose my voice yelling win, lose , or draw. I am proud of this team and we have a good foundation.