1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whose door will Morey be at on midnight of free agency?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by okrockets, May 24, 2015.

1. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

To clarify that, I think it's much more likely Morey goes for one of those guys if Josh Smith is gone.

2. mingthething

mingthething Member

But Morey loves to use the poison pill contract to pry restricted FA's away. Exhibit A: Jeremy Lin.
    Exhibit B: Omer Asik.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

In all likelihood, this is the move we will likely make. Lawson is on the way out and Denver wants to rebuild. The NO pick is good for a rebuilding team. Meanwhile Lawson can help us immediately.

4. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

a klove harden pick & roll would be the most dangerous thing in the nba

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

Nate Robinson

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I think Butler said something in the lines of he doesn't want to join the Rockets and doesn't feel connected to them. Even if Morey prepares a poison pill contract, Chicago will never let him go, he's their next franchise player.

7. malakas

malakas Member

He can love the pp all he wants. There are rules in place on what kind of contracts you can offer on FIRST ROUND PICKS. Like what Buttelr is and what Lin and Asik were not.
    You cant offer him a poison pill.

1 person likes this.
  8. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

What possible trade would ATL not laugh at? Who shoots the 3 for ATL?

9. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Thank you for explaining this.

10. malakas

malakas Member

well sorry for being a little harsh I'm just annoyed about how little some people here know about the CBA and how they expect to get Buttler and Love or LMA. They are all almost impossible to get.

Lower your expectations. Morrey like the rest of the GMs has to work within the rules of the current CBA. He can't just sign whoever he wants.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ it is frustrating, but this is a pure "wishlist" thread. Wait until BimaThug's article comes out after the season and people will generally be in the right mindset.

12. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Exactly this isnt the year we can get a major player, unless he wants to be here badly (paycut) . Our weakest position by far is PG and we have assets to get us that player through trade, especially if we resign josh smith.
    Also advanciing to the WCF without a solid strategic coach on the bench hopefully proves to the FO like it does to me that we arent far off and dont need to gut this team trying to get a 3rd star just for the sake of it.

Get your PG weather it be lowry or lawson ( I prefer lawson) and see how we go from there

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

We bring the same team back plus Nick Lawson, we can win the title. I just wonder if we can bring back Josh, Brewer and Beverley while trying to acquire Nick Lawson. Would they do it for our 2015 first and second and 2016 second plus expiring contracts? I feel like they can get a better deal than that.

I'd trade this year's first and second and a future first to be honest. I feel like we'd be unbeatable with a PG who can generate offense as well as Lawson.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Depends on what kind of contract sheets Smith Brew and Bev are going to get.
    You have to send some contracts to Den to absorb Ty lawson's contract.
    But value wise the 18th pick + Hou second 2015+2016 won't do it. Now the 18th + Ny 2015 second + Jones would start the conversation, depending on what the Kings decide to do.
    The 2016 houston first and second have very bad value. At least now. If the new season begins and the Rockets don't do well then their first will get more value in the january trading period. But as a current second seed with superstars who have reached the WCF the projections are the first will be around 27-30. So basically only sweetener for dumbing contracts.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rondo might be a rocket on the cheap.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Tom Thibodeau

17. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

Please. He's widely rumored to LAL.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Rondo could be a Curry killa

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Who is Nick Lawson? Are you talking about Ty Lawson?

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I know a lot of people will think I'm crazy, but I wouldn't trade Ariza for Love straight up. Ariza is an iron man who played all 82 games for us and provided elite defense every night. He is criminally under-rated on this board.

Kevin Love is a brilliant offensive player who doesn't play defense and isn't playing at all right now because he is injured. He had a fairly healthy season both this year and last, but he still ended up injured when it counts - the playoffs. That might not concern me if it weren't for the fact he only played 18 games in 12'-13' and 55 games in 11'-12', but he did. I just worry about his health issues. Especially if we're adding him to a team featuring Dwight Howard.

I would HATE to have a big three featuring two injury prone players.

I think my top free agent target would be Draymond Green. I know it's highly unlikely, but I love the idea of strengthening our team and weakening the Warriors simultaneously.

And have you guys seen how many quality centers are available this offseason? Marc Gasol, Deandre Jordan, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Tyson Chandler, Greg Monroe, Enes Kanter and Robin Lopez! I can't even remember a year in which there was even half as many quality big men available.