1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey has spoken

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shastarocket, May 24, 2015.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Jordnn's twitter account. Im subscribed

3. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i think he meant the other 38yr old.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Two games all season with the intended starting lineup. 3 starters injured most of the year. Out of necessity, games played starting Kostas Papanikolaou. Tarik Black. 38 year old Jason Terry. Joey Dorsey. 2 seed. Division title. Conference finals, 2 of 3 games extremely competitive.

How utterly humiliating.

2 people like this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Where our steroids be at?

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

You're my favorite poster.

7. Nook

Nook Member

You are an embarrassment and an insufferable fool.

The team he "constructed" is missing 40% of the starting lineup, was an eyelash away from having the series be 1-2 or 2-1 in the Western Conference Finals playing a team that has been very healthy and won 67 games. The Rockets are the second or at worst third best team in the NBA this season...yeah how embarrassing.

Get back to work scrubbing piss stains off the Grayhound Bus terminal restrooms.

8. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I don't see Morey as arrogant or pretentious. His tweets are hilarious and generally tasteful. His interviews are more insightful than most GM's. If he has a hint of arrogance it's tempered by his nerdiness. He's more like the guy who actually knows his stuff and upsets you because he is usually right, as opposed to the Simpson's Comic Book Guy who premises his superiority on trivial details.

Whether or not you think he's an effective GM he's dedicated to and loves what he does. I don't think he takes it for granted. I don't think he puts himself above the players' talent. These were the same criticisms lobbied when analytics were first implemented. He seems like a down to earth family guy who is undeniably a geek.

1 person likes this.
  9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets advancing past the Clippers should have been enough for the Morey haters to crawl back into their shell for at least a year. The Rockets are the best team in the NBA when fully healthy. No doubt in my mind.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

[​IMG]

nook, the intellectual crook, if you really think that two role players that are fringe rotation guys would have made a difference, you're dumber than I thought. Nothing personal, but maybe basketball just isn't for you. Stick to what you do best: paying prostitutes for their company since you can't get it on your own. Now that's embarrassing.

By the way, that's Vernon Maxwell. An NBA champion who didn't need his gm to post "motivational" baseball videos on the internet when confronted with adversity. He went out and made it happen himself and helped win it all as a result.

11. p10maggs

p10maggs Member

Anything is possible. One game at a time fellas. We csnt jump ahead of ourselves here if we truly want this to happen

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

That was a great watch. I just want us to legitimately win one.

#92 bullardfan, May 25, 2015
    Last edited: May 25, 2015
  13. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

He going away from the 3s-R-Us offense?

14. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

"Ease off from the social media" is probably good advice for a large chunk of the human race at this point ;)

1 person likes this.
  15. malakas

malakas Member

wow the more that guy Kwame posts the more he makes a fool of himself.
    Sounds like a bitter old man hating on everything.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Fair enough. All I was saying is, you can't blame people for forming an impression through social media. I am sure that there are many posters on this board whose posts come across as smug and arrogant but are really extremely nice people when you get to meet them as friends.

2 people like this.
  17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't blame them. It's sports, he's a public figure, it's part of the whole deal. I have another celebrity friend that keeps dealing with rumors that he's being difficult in his wedding planning though he has never been engaged. I was just trying to add perspective by saying that it's about impossible to even spend five minutes with the guy and walk away thinking "arrogant." And I felt the same way before I ever met him myself so I don't get it. He's very smart. But he's not a smarty pants and he's not a show off and he'd always rather hear about someone else than talk about himself. He's so down to earth, such a regular guy and family man, it's almost unusual considering his position. That's why the arrogance label is so jarring to me; it's the complete opposite of the guy.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Different circumstances. Yankees had bad pitching. Most people predicted the red sox to win that series to begin with.

The problem here is that the warriors are a great team, the better team, and now we are trying to overcome the deficit. It will take s Herculean effort.

19. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I love Morey's tweet. An NBA team is going to come from 0-3 to win a series eventually, and it may be us. Did you all see how close we were in games 1 and 2? I am not predicting a series win, nor do I think Morey would, but Morey's tweet, without saying a word, is pointing to the inevitability that someone in the NBA will one day do what the Red Sox did, and the possibility (however scant) that it could be this Rockets team -- a team which has already overcome so much and defied all expectations others had for them.

1 person likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

How does one subscribe to something that doesn't exist?