1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you want the Warriors to lose?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theoldblood, May 24, 2015.

1. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

I hope the Cavs win since they've never won an NBA title before. Can you imagine the city of Cleveland which has nothing going for them and now win a title? No one wants to vacation in Cleveland or even travel there unless it was for business.

2. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

a team that has never won shouldn't be this arrogant - I want the Cavs to win for the city of Cleveland, I also can't stand Curry and Draymond Green

3. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

*** the Warriors

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

They are just cocky, for a franchise who's won nothing for so long. The media is on them 24/7, people talk about steph curry as if he's the best player since Jordan. They make breaking news over him shooting 3s in practice. The whole pre game show is his pregame warm up drills.

Also Hakeem, Jordan, Lebron have all gotten close to winning the championship but failed before they actually got one. It shouldn't be this damn easy for Curry and the Warriors.

Steph Curry is annoying as S***, always chewing that mouthpiece and acting all cocky on the court. Kawhi Leonard won Finals MVP and you never saw him do nothing during a game other than get back on defense after a play. Those are the kind of players you can like and respect, they are humble and know they need to prove themselves. Curry and the rest of his clowns run around sticking their god damn tongues out.

I hate Draymond Green because he talks a lot of **** constantly and plays dirty. Of course I'd probably love him if he was on the ROckets but he's not so I hate that SOB.

I will defintely be going for the Cavs in the finals. F*** the Warriors and I hope this is the last dream season they have and they regress after this.

5. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

In the finals? Bc draymond green.

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't anymore. They're going to the Finals and will likely win against the Cavs.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If you mean in this series, because they're playing the Rockets(duh). As for rooting against them in the Finals, it's because Curry, Thompson, and Green are arrogant jackasses. So is Kerr.

I don't really have anything against their fanbase. They're obnoxious, but so are most in the NBA. And it's harder to hate on them than say the Spurs fanbase since the Warriors haven't won a title(or come close to sniffing another one) in 40 years. Seriously, for all the talk about the Rockets' playoff futility, the Warriors were just as bad until the last few years and they weren't even good in the regular season either.

That being said, go Rockets and if not them, then go Cavs. Another reason I'm rooting against Golden State is that as long as they don't win a title, their owner will be more hesitant to shell out big bucks to keep that roster intact as all their key guys(other than Thompson who's already locked up) become free agents over the next 3 offseasons. And that can only help the Rockets in the long run.

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Because they started "rebuilding" the same time we did. I remember getting in many arguments with Warriors fans at my school on who is better Klay or Parsons...call it jealousy call it whatever. I hate them because they are lucky with injuries this season. They've had the most luck out of any NBA team this season. AND as everyone else was pointing out they are some cocky mother fu....s!

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, the injury luck is another thing I can't stand about them. I mean, every other contending team in the NBA playoffs was dealing with some sort of serious injuries, except for the Warriors(and no, Speights does NOT count).

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I actually do not like their fans who have assumed they have all but won it. Who say they are one of the greatest teams in NBA history without even winning a championship.

Their fans have been cocky and whiny and if you think your team can beat theirs they have a very "How dare you?" attitude.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully it's an exciting series. I'm still a fan of basketball first and foremost. I love the game, and I love the Rockets.

I hold nothing against the Warriors or their fans. When I cheered for the Rockets in Oracle arena earlier this year with a Rockets shirt on, no one gave me a hard time. No one insulted me. Whatever they may be, they are just fans like that of any other city. Their team hasn't won in a long time.

But I guess I'm kinda rooting for the Cavs. That city deserves a championship. They are Houston before 1994.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They are winning, and they have earned it.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

They remind me of Baylor and A&M fans. They're acting like they're hot $hit now that they're finally having some success after years and years of irrelevancy.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Maybe that's because their GM was smart enough to fire Jackson and get a real coach before the year. Maybe if our GM was that smart we'd be in their position.

15. Faust

Faust Member

i dont like the way espn sucks on curry's d and the way he chews his mouth guard like a kid and acting cocky. something needs to bring him back down to earth, like a houston rocket.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Cleveland getting a chip would be great. It's a hell hole for sports.

17. N2bnfunn

N2bnfunn Member

You and me both.. I feel the same way about those three

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

People want the Warriors to lose because they're salty and jealous. Many thought this is what the Rockets would be, but management and ownership were unwilling or unable to make the necessary moves to make it happen. I personally hope they win it all. At least that way the Rockets lost to the eventual champs as opposed to some pretenders.

19. malakas

malakas Member

I love the irony on some of these posts. You don't like the Warriors because of the media and support the Cavs who are licked even more by BSPN 24/7? We even have coverage on what kind of dream Love had and what Lebron ate for dinner.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Lebron is still the best player in the world and a two time champion, he's earned it.