1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets should've been #5 seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xl8rguy, May 24, 2015.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I say read more until 2025 before your next thread, OP.

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

so i guess everyone else that has been eliminated didn't deserve the 2 seed either.

3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Dumb thread

4. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

What a ****in stupid thread. Another one of these 'rockets' fans buying the hype espn is selling. The rockets lost dwight game 1 and were screwed game 2. **** would you be saying if we were up 2-1? It's like a closet Warrior fan invasion happening on the garm.

5. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Sorry but this is a useless thread. Hey if the British hadn't got drunk on Christmas Day we'd have bobbies instead of cops.

Useless thread.

If and and but didn't make the cut.

6. bro2044

bro2044 Member

No, Rockets should've been a #2, because they earned it. Just because a team plays better or worse at the end doesn't make up for overall record, conference record, division record, etc. It can change momentum, but this Houston team fought through A LOT to get that #2 and deserved it just as much as the Spurs this season. You could argue that LAC, SAS, and MEM all deserved it along with us, but we got it.

And that said... GSW is that much better than all of those teams. I wish it was different, but 0-6 against them says something... sadly. Especially without getting our whistles, and not having 2 of our top performers, they're just better.

7. pass_to_Hakeem

I'm not sure I follow the first comment. San Antonio lost a couple and so HOU got the 2nd seed? Well that was San Antonio's fault. Had HOU not lost a couple they may have been # 1? They are outplayed and out coached plain and simple. I do agree that GS has a lot of off ball movement and screens while HOU's offense is "Harden while the rest watch" but yeah HOU won just enough to grab that 2nd spot

8. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Stupid negative post...the reason we were #2 seed was because we earned it...and then proved it by winning rounds one and two without two starters. .

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We lost games that we should've won too. Not to mention out 2nd best player missed 41 games. This team should've won 60 games, the Spurs were not better than us this year.

10. MistaK

MistaK Member

Remember that the Rockets were the number 2 seed for much of the year? They dropped to six only towards the end of the season and yes it took some luck for everyone to lose to get the number 2 seed back, but well it happened.

Also, the Rockets could have won both games on the road. They played the warriors well. Just imagine if some of the obvious fouls on Harden would have been called... This series should have come back to Houston tied 1-1 at worst, but oh well I didn't happen. No excuse for game 3, they were outplayed and lacked energy and hustle. But if you have followed the rockets, for some reason on some nights you have that team show up (not saying that this should happen at this point in the season by any means. Now if the Rockets played out of their minds, to the best of their abilities and still get blown out, then I'd have to agree with you.