1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's Shelley Smith has lost a year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Simon Honeybone, May 17, 2009.

1. Simon Honeybone

It appears math out in Los Angeles is in the words of George Bush a bit fuzzy.

link

She states the Rockes didn't know what they were getting in Adelman at the beginning of the year even though he coached them last season to a 22 game winning streak which is 2nd longest in NBA history. I mean you really have to not pay attention to the NBA to not know this which leads me to believe you should not be writing columns for the world wide cheerleader on the subject.

She later does correctly point out that he was fired by Sacramento in 2006 and that he spent a year with his kids in Portland but then goes on to state he surfaced with the Rockets this year :confused:

They really are getting sloppy over at ESPN these days. THAT'S FUZZY MATH! :D

Go Rockets beat the Fake Show

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Sounds like an editor may be looking for work. (S)he needs to be practicing, 'Want fries with that?' :D

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

She also butchered Brooks' quote after game 6.

She quoted him as saying, "We don't have a chance to win game 6, but we're gonna try."

His actual quote was something like, "We don't have a chance to win, but we keep playing anyways."

When he said that, he was being a somewhat of a smart-ass, and saying that no one gave them credit to win anything at all against the Lakers, but now, we find our team in a game 7, with a chance to take the series. Much different than the connotation that Shelley Smith just gave it....

Oh, to be a reporter....

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

You know what they say, broads don't belong in broadcasting

Someone tell me what underrated movie that is from

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Anchorman?

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is pathetic. How hard is it to go to espn.com (your freaking EMPLOYER) and look up what year Adelman started coaching the Rockets? For this garbage to get through many levels of editing shows me why monopolies are never good for anybody. Absolutely no sense of responsibility towards the public whatsoever.

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Disney Sports is trash. They don't know anything about teams other than the big market ones. Thats why they look like ass when they have to talk about a team coming out of nowhere.

If you listen to them, you would think there was only Yao, Tracy and a bunch of guys they picked up at the Y. Scola is far underrated as are some of the other guys. This goes to show what I've thought all along. We are the deepest team in the league. I really hope that we are due for a healthy year and Mac and Yao come back strong next year.

Its unfortunate there's no real alternative. I have pretty much quit watching them over the past year.

8. Simon Honeybone

One of my all time favorites..... UHF