1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dish Network announces Sling TV, an online cable alternative that will feature ESPN, ESPN2, Disney C

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Scionxa, Jan 5, 2015.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

No contracts.

2. brianfreedom

brianfreedom New Member

PlayStation vue

I had sling for about a year but just recently switched to PlayStation vue. A bit more expensive but much more content and user friendly.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What content?

4. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Call me when they have root!

5. brianfreedom

brianfreedom New Member

About 55 channels and unlimited cloud storage for 28 days. Sadly, no root sports yet.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

never going to happen until Dish Network carries Root Sports, since DN runs Sling TV....

fwiw, I've picked it up again to watch the Playoffs and it has improved since the first time I tried it a year ago, pretty impressed, may keep it this time

7. body slam

body slam Member

sling users do you have the orange or blue package? I switched for orange to blue I think I'll get more use out of USA and FX than I would with ESPN and Disney.

8. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Does Sling horribly lag for everyone else or is it just me? It's practically unwatchable it's so frustrating.

9. Dave2000

same here, I got blue plus having the multi stream privileges is a nice perk

need my USA for my WWE Raw viewings

It's been good for me, maybe 1 out of 8 times it freezes on me, using it on Amazon FireStick and Roku Streaming Stick

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Was paying close to $250 a month with freakin Uverse for internet and god knows what channels. Told them I want to cancel everything. So they lowered it $150 for the same package. Then I cancelled HBO, Showtime and all the crap I don't watch and it came down to $60 for internet and $40 for TV. Yay me!

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What kind of internet connection speed do you need for the Sling TV to function properly say with a Roku 3?

12. Dave2000

I'm running 12Mbps Uverse connection, I've been able to watch on the Amazon Stick and Kodi on another box with no issues

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Sometimes this happens to me. I blame Cox though, since I sometimes have issues with my internet on all my devices despite paying for their highest tier.

14. body slam

body slam Member

Sling blue users anyone else missing NBC from their package?

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  15. Dave2000

local NBC is only available to select cities at the moment

http://blog.sling.com/announcements...lable-on-new-multi-stream-service-sling-blue/

1 person likes this.
  16. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Does anyone like Sling TV? Would you recommend it to me? I want to cut cable bill.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I've used SlingTV for over a year now and it's decent. It sucks balls with the Amazon Firestick but works pretty well with the Roku stick. The channel lineup is fairly good. I'm running it on Verizon FiOS and don't experience too much down time. I've been taking a hard look at Playstation Vue as it has more channels though it's twice the cost.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

To answer your question though, I would look at their channel lineups and see if it's adequate for you. If it is then it's a no brainer. If you're really wanting regional sports stuff you might want to rethink.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Went Vue and will never go back. Streaming quality is 10X better and with less issues.

20. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Agreed.