1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Video: Rockets press conference introducing Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Did I hear MDA say Trevor can play the 1-4?

2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

consistent avg of 2apg for most of his career or half. he can do something with the ball

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you hear MDA say that in the context of "I don't think in terms of numbers" and "It [the offense] is position-less"

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I really don't like Pringles. Im worried. I like our new players but the coach scares me.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it doesn't matter if you like Pringles. :grin::grin: It matters that Harden likes Pringles. ;)

6. anchel

anchel Member

He's going to try hard to put Gordon-Harden-RA together.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Fair enough. And to that point, maybe there was a lot more to that coaching hire than I fully understood. Equally as important as improving the team was keeping James happy and strengthening his commitment to be here long term.

James probably watched a lot of those MDA coached Suns teams when he was in Phoenix. No doubt Harden's feelings about Pringles are a big reason why we hired him, and a big reason why Harden just extended.

I still don't like Pringles (I don't believe in 1-dimensional silver bullet philosophies), but there's a lot more to the hire than I previously thought.

8. v_absolute

v_absolute New Member

On a side note, looking at the video reminds me about the introduction press conference when the NO Hornets traded CP3 for Eric Gordon (+ Aminu and Kaman) years ago...

At least he smiles a bit this time and feels good about being in Houston! :grin:

9. craguin

craguin Member

(link below)
    [NBA.com] James Harden Press Conference Video 7/9/2016

10. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Does anyone else get the used car salesman/shady lawyer/crooked politician / tv preacher vibe from D'Antoni?

I just get the impression that he knows he doesn't have it anymore, that he knows this team is going to suck, and he is just selling us on thinking he has a chance in order to keep the big paycheck he is getting to keep coming.

As always when I have a negative thought about the Rockets, I hope I'm wrong.

#30 HamJam, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016