1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dante Exum ... wow - late summer league but

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

That first step is ridiculous

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Pretty sure I never implied he wasn't playing Basketball at the time, scouts and GMs WEREN'T watching him or because it wasn't on ESPN it didn't happen.

My words weren't that confusing. I basically said he might as well have gone the European route. Otherwise Dante, you and other fans have no business feeling like Bball fans disrespected him by feeling as if he was hiding in Aus.
    Scouts and GMs were seeing him play against inferior competition there (granted he played internationally as well, hoop summit and for the youth national teams). Just saying there was no need for him to stay in High School (unless he had his personal reasons for doing so). Basketball wise, he might as well have gone the Rubio route and signed professionally in Europe at 16.(Even though Rubio was younger when he signed) I'm betting he would have been even more impressive than Rubio was back then.

3. ferrari77

Ok..and so what?
    My point was he didn't have to stay in high school (except if he had his personal reasons for doing so). He was good enough to play professionally in Europe imo (and I'm sure in most fans and scouts opinion)even while in High School.

4. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Same here. Hope he does well, especially after the disappointment of Bogut.

Too bad he had to go to the f'n Jazz...

5. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

Didn't realise, but his father (Cecil Exum) was on the UNC team with MJ in '82 when they won the NCAA championship, lol...

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

You say didn't want to go the college route, to go the college route, one needs to finish high school first.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The second step is also ridiculous

8. ferrari77

Here's what I wrote

I should have clarified and stated, he might as well have gone Rubio and turned pro/signed a contract in Europe before finishing High School.(Hence the reason fans doubted his ability prior to the draft).

Is that more helpful for you?

9. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

I may be wrong but I'm not impressed. future will tell.

10. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Wow, that's really ignorant. Do you really think it's that easy to make a big decision to leave HIGH SCHOOL that early? This is the reason why the other posted said he only left high school 8 months ago.

So you suggest the right thing for him to do is leave high school at 16? If you've heard him speak, he seems rather down-to-earth and intelligent. Most intelligent people value education, and I'm sure he valued at the very least finishing high school.

I assume you're American and do not understand Aussie culture. I'm Aussie and can speak from my own life experience when I say it's fairy rare for youngsters in Australia to leave high school early. It was common in Australia a decade ago for those who wanted to become labourers/mechanics/construction workers, but not so much these days.
    It's a difficult decision for an Aussie to leave at 16.

11. ferrari77

Lol well look here mate, first let's not assume.
    1. I'm not American.
    2. I understand the culture where I'm from and the culture in the other countries on the continent I'm from and the only people that value education more are our brethren in Asia so let's be clear, I know the value of an education.
    3.That's nice it's rare for youngsters in Australia to leave High School early. Those youngsters more often than not aren't ready to play professional Basketball in any way, shape or form at age 16.
    4. Where did I say "It is easy to make a big decision to leave High School that early"? Go find it for me and let me know.
    5. Yes, I did suggest that perhaps he should have turned pro at 16 and made the move to Europe to compete against better competition(hence the reason why fans and others doubted his ability prior to the draft).
    6. Exum being down to earth and intelligent has zero relevance to him perhaps making the decision to turn pro at 16. As a matter of fact, those characteristics are things that would have put him in good stead if he did decide to turn pro at that young age.
    7. All of this means zilch because he did get drafted high regardless of him staying in high school and playing against inferior competition. So, yeah it's a meaningless discussion. My original point, just so you understand(and anyone else) since it seems some didn't get it, was that, if Exum or his family, friends or Aussie fans are in a twist about fans and others doubting his ability prior to the draft, then he might as well have left high school early and turned pro. He was ready at 16. If Ricky Rubio was ready then from the little I've seen of Exum(Hoop Summit and now Summer League) Exum would have been a pretty good pro even at an earlier age.

All of that means zilch, Exum got drafted, he's in the league playing against the best competition and we're all seeing that he is quality.
    Cheers.

12. i3artow i3aller

Dante Exum

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eHUJpdMhWFg/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

[​IMG]

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Honestly I'm getting really leery of athletic pgs like Exum, Wall, D Rose etc. These guys are all dominant but their bodies can't handle their speed. Their athleticism allows them to stop-and-pop, turn on a dime etc. but sooner or later something goes wrong and then they get injured. This doesn't bode well for Mudiay's career longevity in the NBA lol

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Initial concern is that Dante Exum might have suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, per a source. Jazz will know more when he's evaluated.</p>&mdash; Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) <a href="https://twitter.com/DJJazzyJody/status/628696470888185856">August 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

EVERY FKING AUZZIE BALLER GOES DOWN!!!!

Fk off injuries

16. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

What are you talking about - Bogut just won a title man.

17. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

These younguns' need to consult Nash on longevity.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

Roslolian called it.

19. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

He's no where near the player he would have been if he stayed injury free. The bogus u see today isn't what he should be.

20. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

/thread