1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[ClutchFans] Rockets Post-Game Interviews - Scola, Dragic, Parsons, McHale - 1/7/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

That was seriously an intense game... didn't feel like a 2-5 team going against a juggernaut. The intensity from the crowd was high too. Much, much better effort than what we saw on the road trip.

Here are some post-game locker room video clips with Luis Scola, Chandler Parsons, Goran Dragic and Kevin McHale.

Luis Scola's view of the Rockets final three offensive plays
    I was asking about the "final" final play, which I assume was not drawn up for a Luis Scola three (it wasn't -- it was for K-Mart, according to both Dragic and McHale). Scola broke down the final three plays, in his view.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iA3fZFbv1_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chandler Parsons on his first ever NBA start
    I'm becoming a big Chandler Parsons fan. He's straight up in his interviews, but I especially like what I'm seeing from him out on the floor... not a great shooting night (1-6), but 8 boards and 3 steals. He plays with a lot of fun energy and he's got great size/length for the small forward position. I wouldn't have put him in my top 5 young players to watch for the Rockets going into the year, but he's there now.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x9x3xWMPS7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Goran Dragic takes the blame for the final play
    Dragic played his heart out tonight and I think it shows in this interview. Tough pass to end it, but 20 points on 7-10 shooting to go with 8 assists.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zm2Ocowspwk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kevin McHale on his view of inserting Parsons, Dalembert into the starting lineup
    McHale came into the press conference room crushed... just very somber. He wanted this one.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EvowXU6sdkE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Thanks for this Clutch!

3. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Parsons is a great young kid, really prefer him over Bud.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The truth is that Chase has little room to be as aggressive as he needs to be in the starting lineup.

Off the bench, he can be the main gunner that we desperately need.

5. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Parsons may not be starting material - even on this team, but with his energy and his mature approach to the game he will be helping teams win in this league for a long time.

Also, I'd like to request that the camera be closer for Scola's next interview. I couldn't quite see his pores.

6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL... yeah, sorry about that. Hard to balance that ... that's as zoomed out as my camera gets, and when I'm that close, it's hard to hold the camera back and still keep my eye on it to make sure the player is in frame.

7. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

Parsons is the taller, younger, less ginger form of bud

8. ipa

ipa Member

I think Parson's defense got him in the starting lineup. I like that now we don't have the poor defense trio in the starting lineup.
    Bud is better with the defensive players from the bench, Lee(when he returns) and Dragic(yeah...I think he's pretty good defensively).

9. Bill Worrell

Bill Worrell Member

START T-Will is soo simple !!

10. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Didn't watch the game but seems like these 3 performed well and I like their attitude. We definitely need Parsons alongside Martin & Scola, at least one guard / forward who is just focused on defense.

I can see McHale is not pleased with Dalembert. You can see when he gets the question he doesn't really want to answer and wasn't totally and only said something positive about Parsons. Did Dalembert really stink it up with again no blocks or only a few rebounds ?

So glad we kept Dragic, can you imagine Flynn starting :eek:

11. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I still like the pick up we had with Goran, I'd be really disappointed if he doesn't get consistent minutes. Parsons wasn't shooting well but if he can play better defense than Bud can then we as a team are better off starting CP instead.

The only thing I have against this Rockets team is the management and thats only because Morey is so open in regards to players statuses. He's great at what he does but how he phrases things definitely matters, from the media's point of view.

Hopefully we can move some players around to get them all minutes but it sucks to know that not everyone's going to have a chance to play. Hope Twill gets good minutes this season, he's shown us he's capable of scoring and distributing. Now hopefully he can develop a consistent jumper/3 shot and we'll definitely be more productive with him on the floor.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Clutch,

What is Dalembert like as an interview? Is he a jerk or something like it? Bill and Clyde were rather harsh on the dude on TV so I am wondering if folks dislike him personally.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I haven't heard that... but I haven't had the chance to interview him yet. He dressed quietly after the game and none of us bothered him ... he had almost no impact yesterday, so wasn't really the top guy to talk to.

I did not like the Dalembert signing because I felt he kept the team competitive, but didn't give them near the boost needed to be near contention -- i.e. hurt the draft pick or caused the Rockets to lose it altogether, and to what end? But so far, he's had almost no impact -- rebounding especially is where he should be very good. I think he'll get going, but it's a bit surprising to me.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clutch, you mentioned how crushed McHale was at the presser after the game. He said we got Dalembert to be the starter, and he felt it was time to start him, yet he had little impact on the game (that last my opinion). In other words, he got the start for the first time and didn't respond, didn't step up. Parsons, however, did and had a big impact. He responded like you would want to see from a young player getting his first start. So a kid making probably the minimum does exactly what McHale expected, yet a vet making $7 million that gets his first start plays like Brian Cook. You couldn't get a more vivid contrast between two players.

It must be driving McHale and Morey crazy. I'm also glad to see that McHale is emotionally invested in this team. I'm disappointed in the offense, big time, as we're averaging 10+ points per game less than we were last season, but the defense has improved to the tune of 1.5 fewer points per game by the opponent. Not much, but considering the loss of Chuck, it's something to hang a hat on, especially with the poor play of Dalembert.

I said at the start of the season that it would take ten games to see where we were going. It's been eight games, 12% of the season, and it looks grim. I'm still not for tanking, but tanking is looking more and more like the only reasonable option left, and that very depressing. The San Antonio Method is beginning to have a perverse appeal.

1 person likes this.
  15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Or the fact that he's already peaked in his abilities. I think there are centers out there in trade or signed in free agency that could really have been a better fit for the Rockets to trade for.

Someone like a Fesenko, Robin Lopez, or even Biedrins that could improve their game. Dalembert, I believe will help this team in the next few weeks, but my thoughts are that if its not a potential long term solution than I dont think its worth the money.

That being said Morey got one of the best GM friendly contracts imaginable, being that what the going rate for starting centers is. Its just kind of like..... whatever.

I agree that he does hurt draft position if he improves the team drastically, but what you are not considering is that if he ever gets back to where he was the past couple of seasons he makes the young players on the roster better by helping them on the defensive end.

I think thats the end result that I can live with. The way he's playing now only helps their draft position because he is stinking it up.

Keep up the good work Clutch.

16. gah

gah Member

This just rounds this site up to excellence, thanks for doing this Clutch.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chandler Parsons for ROY Top 10 Watch!

Mook should be given consistent bench minutes after a few more Viper Games!
    I really think he is the better scorer than Chase! and he can rebound the heck of it.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Poor Goran. Someone tell him Kmart is not a version of KOBE 24.;)