1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cool story, bro.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Tb-Cain, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I recently purchased my first motorcycle. I am now the proud owner of a Honda Sonic. Although, right now, it's more of an anti-Sonic.

It's another excruciatingly hot Saturday morning, and I'm in my garage working on my ride. Ride. That's a laugh. At least, it would be my ride if I could ever fix the burned out clutch. Fans are scattered about the place, but they're just straining to circulate more of the stale, heavy air. The stereo is loaded with a few CDs of my favorite music to accompany my intermittent cursing.

Duke, my old hound dog, lies on the concrete floor in front of one of the fans. I suspect what he'd like to do is dig out a cool spot in the yard under some shade. He knows better.

Occasionally, I break from my task, sweat dripping from the end of my nose, and we'll share a knowing look. He won't offer much more than a raised eyebrow, though.

This time, however, Duke lifts his head and pulls back his ears. There's a pause, and suddenly he scrambles to his feet and bolts out of the garage. Howling as he runs past the driveway and down the sidewalk.

I shout after him, "Duke! Duke! Duke!".

I don't get past my driveway before I see what he's excited about. It's Jeff, my best friend since elementary school. He's in a band and just returned from a tour around the world a few days ago. Apparently, Duke missed him.

"What are you listening to?," John begins.

"A little Maiden, a little Sabbath. You know. The usual."

"Excellent! Missed you at Moe's Tavern last night. I met this girl who is just your type."

"Hispanic?"

"Por supuesto," he laughs.

"And?"

"So, I see her sitting with a book and I walk up and ask her what she's reading. She says, 'Macbeth. We're studying it in my British Lit. class.' Naturally, I tell her I just returned from England and got to see Shakespeare's home. One thing leads to another, and she's agreed to meet me again tonight."

"That's great. You're in town a few days and already back at it."

"Don't hate. I'm a drummer. The girls can't resist a musician." He adds the creepy smile to give the full affect. "So, you wanna go with me tonight. She's bringing some friends."

Here we go. This is where he tries to convince me to tag along. In my typical noncommittal way, I say, "Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"No."

Redoubling his efforts, "Come on, man, her friends are gorgeous."

"That what she said?"

"She showed me pictures on her phone. I had to vet them first."

This is my life. It seems like we yo-yo back and forth like this every time. I'm much more of the home body and he's the social butterfly. The yin to my yang. It's not so bad, though. Without him prodding me, I might not have a social life at all.

Still, I insist, "I'm really wanting to get my bike running this weekend."

I go into excruciating detail about how I found the bike, bought it, got it into my garage and torn apart. He patiently allows me to deliver my protestations. He knows in the end, he'll win. He always wins.

[to be continued]

2 people like this.
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

You didn't Swoly-ize it...you know...by adding 14 or so smilies throughout.

Excellent effort btw.

1 person likes this.
  3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ha. Nice.
    You missed the TWSS'ish part, didn't you? :p

Please continue, Señor Caín.

1 person likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That's a scooter.

5. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

She said, as her hair rolled gently with the wind. "You're a Scooter", I replied. She went all:rolleyes: I asked her," how did she fit into those jeans". She ghettocheeze faced me and said it was none of my business with a smirk.

I was blown away by this beautiful creature, she effortlessly wore a Rockets(circa2k) shirt. Wondering who she was, I asked why she had just gotten dropped off in a van with Casey spray-painted on the sides. She said,
    "no worries", and handed me the pipe.

#5 jcee15, Mar 9, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  6. droxford

droxford Member

ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

7. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Let me find out you have a secret crush on him.

"the Yin to my yang" <--- very gay

8. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Nice signature on a male-dominated message board.

1 person likes this.
  9. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

Yeah pretty fhag-ish

10. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Great story! I like it.

But I added one more: lusual instead of usual :grin: