1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Mccain doesn't know how to use a computer.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by yaoluv, Jun 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

Video of Mccain admitting he can't use a computer

Are we really going to elect somebody in 2008 that doesn't know how to use a computer? I mean how much intellectual curiosity does it take to learn how to use one of the biggest inventions of the past 25 years.

John Mccain is so out of touch.

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

So long as he is good with tubes then I see no problem.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He does have good taste in film though........

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

At least we can rest assured we won't have millions of his emails missing a la our current mistake-in-chief.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just so long as somebody does not try to send him an Internet on Friday, he'll be fine. It wouldn't get to him until Monday.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This sorta reminds me of 1996 when Bob Dole admitted he had no idea of the price of a dozen eggs (because he didn't eat eggs).

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Obama doesn't know the difference between a breathalyzer and an inhaler(or "inhalator" as he called it). Does that mean he should be disqualified from running for the Presidency?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it's ok if you don't know anything about economics and now admittingly, technology.

Hmmmm - seems like all McCain does know about is fighting wars since that what he did.

I think we need more then just a general running the country. We're not a military dictatorship.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't you see the difference? The computer is used by almost everyone and is commonplace these days. Breathalyzers and inhalers are not used by almost every average American.

That doesn't mean that either should be disqualified. I don't really care that McCain can't use a computer, and I don't care if politicians are connected to my daily life. I just want them to be connected to the issues they will have to deal with.

But for voters who do want to have presidential candidates feel their struggle in day to day life, not knowing how to work a computer is different than not knowing the difference between a breathalyzer, and an inhaler.

10. bucket

bucket Member

After W, conservatives expect Presidential candidates to be familiar with Breathalyzers.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I predict that the Computer Illiterate will rise up and vote for McCain!!!

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Bush knows how (I suspect to play fantasy baseball) but he cannot use it because of security reasons.

I don't think the president really needs to look up stuff on wikipedia anyways.

13. Zion

Zion Member

Another C average mediocre republican running for president. Hopefully we don't make another mistake

[​IMG]

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

C average? McCain was ranked 894/899 in his Naval Academy Class. Getting shot down was the best thing that ever happened to him, politically speaking. No wonder he knows nothing about the economy.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

There are plenty of reasons to not vote for John McCain, but this isn't one of them.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

only people who have been caught driving drunk probaby knows what a breathalyzer is