1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Richest Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal to donate $32bn fortune to charity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

How awesome is this? A true Prince

[​IMG]

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-33353370

Little background: Alwaleed bin Talal is actually a self-made billionaire and did not rely on oil money.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...saudi-prince-alwaleed-didn-t-fortune-oil.html

2. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Can I.......get like .01% of that?

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah man... lemme have some.

4. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Self-made billionaire. LOL!

5. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Should have given it to the single moms of the world.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

He could have donated just a billion to the tipjar in the name of all the members.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

My boy Bill Gates is working those billionaires.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

But can we trust the people who run is charitable organization, Alwaleed Philanthropies. I hope they have someone as strong as Bill Gates running that. His list of things he wants to do with his money is noble but kinda scattered,

"help build bridges to foster cultural understanding, develop communities, empower women, enable youth, provide vital disaster relief and create a more tolerant and accepting world"​

Compare that to Gates focusing primarily on one thing, WHO. And Warren Buffet thought highly enough of it to donate the Gates Foundation all his money, more than the Prince. Like, "Bill, you are focused and run a tight ship, take my money."

Hope it works out, but "Philanthropies" have to milked dry before by poor mgmt and scattered goals.

And before people say, "He's a billionaire; I'm sure he knows what to do." It is not uncommon at all for billionaires to not set up foundations that succeed like Gates' and Ford and others. No criticism intended. Just would hate to see his inspirational gesture get pilfered over the years.

Anyone know what his foundation has under their resume so far for how they used the $3.6bn already?