1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Young Rose Bush

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by giddyup, Jan 4, 2006.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

How many 200 pound running backs in the history of the NFL could carry a team. Bush will be good but there is no way he can take 20-30 licks a game in the NFL plus block like NFL running backs have to do. Bush is going to be a slightly better Eric Metcalf.

VY on the other hand is a good quarterback with the size of a linebacker and the speed of a wide reciever. The kid is special.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'll also put even money that white has a more productive NFL career.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I said it was a dream. I think it's impossible...............Swoly.

4. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Best thing that could happen. We take Bush this year. Vince Young goes back to UT for one more year. Despite taking Bush, we still struggle with Carr as our qb, we have another losing season, get a high pick for next year, and take Vince Young.

Our Vince Young/Reggie Bush attack wins at least 4 super bowls.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Hello Tiki Barber and Barry Sanders.

slow down tiger, he needs to learn how to throw liek a pro first

6. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Young needs alot of work before becoming a good NFL QB. The offense Texas runs is nothing even resembling an NFL offense. That zone read play they do all the time isn't going to be in his arsenal. Being shotgun all the time won't be either. He's away from being an instant success but with coaching he could be. He has all the tools.

7. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

Take Young!!!!!! H-Town!

KD

8. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

http://www.gbnreport.com

That's the site I use to check out stuff on the draft. Under January 4th (before the game), they say Young is leaning toward staying because he and his advisors are worried he won't be a top 5 pick. So, after tonight, he's pretty much a lock to be top 5...I think he'll come out.

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

there's a better chance of me declaring for the draft and being selected #1 overall than the saints trading the #2 pick in the draft for david carr.

10. msn

msn Member

Future Clutchfans Classic Moments fodder? :)

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Young ain't going to the draft. He's stupid not to, especially at the peak he's at. But he's not going to the draft.

However, if he decides to, I think Houston should seriously look into drafting him with the #1 or at least threatening to draft him in order to trade for Bush + a couple of other players.

It would be a dick move, but could possibly help out the team.

12. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

Smart Texans- Get the word out to V. Young, you come out we are taking you. Trade Carr- 2nd or 3rd rd. pick should do.

Not as smart Texans- Draft Bush and stick him behind that beast of an offensive line.

Bush is no Barry Sanders. He is very fast and elusive but he needs space to excel. He is very dangerous in the open field but you don't get that much of that in the NFL.

After last night I am convinced Bush will be better at wide out than tailback in the NFL. He is not going to be a Faulk or Sanders unless he gets stronger and heavier running. At the next level he will need to be able to run when there is no space, break some tackles and get the tough yards. Barry Sanders was able to do that, so could Walter Payton.

Bush is exciting in the open but ordinary in tight quarters. He will not turn a team around.

V. Young- Terrible throwing motion but he has two things Vick never had- that clutch ability to find and hit receivers and a healthy strong body. Vick was always injury prone and he was very inaccurate passing. Young is taller and has decent touch on his passes. His only flaw is that weird side arm release (looks alot like Carr's release).

But V. Young is toooooooo freaky an athlete. He can still raise his game another notch. He reminds me of a very healthy TMac, just makes it look too easy. 6'5" , 235 lbs. quick, fast and strong-

I know we can't go wrong probably with either one but...
    Draft Young!

#32 rhester, Jan 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Mediocre is kind of a harsh word; I think I meant it in relation to the exectations. He certainly is a player, but VY did what RB was expected to do and must have had the same kind of defensive game-planning set up to "stop" him.

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I think it's completely up in the air right now. Bringing in the hometown kid who is also arguably one of the greatest college players ever could do wonders for this franchise, as well as Bush.

15. xlr817

xlr817 Member

NICE! Now this draft just started to bcome VERY interesting! I'm glad that the Texans have the #1 Draft choice! Alot of possibilities! ;) :) Please, please don't screw up Casserely! :mad:

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the dude just beat a two time national champion defenses. I still can't believe some of you guys are making this argument.

17. tested911

tested911 Member

See that statement right there is an oxymoron.. :)

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

The Trojans are the Colts before Dungy got there. Only difference is, in college you can get away with that

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so who are the other 12 teams, including a BCS winner?

20. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Hahaha, now that is funny! I think you'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for Carr.