1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Rockets talk on Houston Sports Radio

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Mar 22, 2013.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Here we go again... Smh

You don't want to hear about the dumpster fire that is the Houston Texans, but you DO want to hear about that shiit show that was the Houston Rockets last night.

That Twitter story was 100^2 times more interesting than anything else that happened at Toyota Center last night.

2. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

No, I do not want to hear about the Texans 24/7 about a game that was played 4 days ago. This is my problem. Talk about them Monday and Tuesday if you want but at least give the Rockets some fair coverage after the 1st game of the season. It's opening night, win/loss, good/bad performance, it warrants some breakdown the day after. Not going on and on about Ryan Mallet who was released on Tuesday, that's old news now.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This BS has been discussed ad nauseam.

You already know the deal. If you want all basketball all the time, then turn the radio off and follow podcasts. If you continue tuning in to Houston sports radio with your current expectations then you are insane. And that's not an insult, it's literally the definition of the word.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This. I try to figure out when Morey is on 790, but besides that podcasts. I'm trying to find something better than the Starters to augment theDreamshake and the Clutchfans podcasts during basketball season.

5. bmd

bmd Member

I caught Morey on 790 this morning. Hopefully someone posts the interview later when they put it up.

He sounded pretty disappointed this morning about last night.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Of course he's disappointed. We were the embarrassment of the league last night.

7. bmd

bmd Member

Well yeah but what I mean is that he didn't sugarcoat it. Sometimes when he gets on 790 he might try to put a positive spin on things.

He really couldn't. Pretty much just said even if they weren't playing well the should have beat the Nuggets regardless. Basically said the defense sucked and they need to figure it out and hopefully they take this game and use it as motivation to prevent it from happening again.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Dreamshake and Clutchfans along with the Rockets.com podcast with Adam/Matt have not been updated in months. I would just like something to listen to on my way to work following last night's game.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

whiners gonna whine.

It is what it is. There a lot of reasons why football is more popular in the media of most cities in America but I feel it's already been discussed in one of the other 37 pages of this thread.

10. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The Dream Shake Podcast just had one pop up three or four days ago and it was good for a preseason podcast. Clutchfans podcasts are sporadic, but are the best done for the Rockets. Zach Lowe does good ones as well, but is very dependent on who he has on with him.

I use the Starters to fill in when there isn't one of the above. Granted, I only listen to podcasts on the way to work. Drive home is a lot quicker so I typically use Pandora if pregame show isn't on.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Thanks! Couldn't remember what day he was on and wasn't sure if it was the same as last year.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad he didn't sugarcoat that pathetic performance last night. That was unacceptable. If the team keeps playing anywhere close to that, they need to get rid of McHale. The team was not prepared in any way and looked like they did nothing to prepare for the season during training camp/preseason. I was disappointed in Morey that he didn't get better shooters in the off season. He got a streaky shooter in Thornton though who should have played last night to possible give an offensive spark.

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What happened on Twitter?

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Some dude was on camera cheering, he was with a date. His other GF saw and tweeted something about it like "I thought you were at work??" and then his 3rd GF also tweeted and said "So I'm just your astros girl?" and then it exploded. Apparently even Chad Johnson tweeted him "GOAT". He ends the night with something like "I'm deactivating, I hate twitter" and his date at the Rockets game left him. He appeared on 790 and said the whole thing was a Joke but who knows.

15. DoubleRods

DoubleRods Member

Link to story? That's too funny.

16. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

The amount of staging at these games is ridic.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A part of me likes that we lost that game. If the team needed a reminder that they can't coast, that was it. I am confident they will learn from it.

18. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Bomani Jones has a talk show on espn radio from 3p-6p weekdays and they talked about this as well. Apparently the guy goes by RedNation Blogga on Twitter lol and Bomani even went so far as to follow him so he could see where the story goes.

This story, true or not, is garnering national attention lol. The first thing I thought was; I hope he is on ClutchFans lol

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Well you got your Rockets talk on sports radio :)

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Matt Thomas knows more basketball than anyone on 790. It will be interesting to see how he works with trash Lance Zeirlein.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Starting Jan 4th, I'll join <a href="https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein">@LanceZierlein</a> from 6-10 and we'll be the new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PGS?src=hash">#PGS</a>. Our friend <a href="https://twitter.com/adamclanton">@adamclanton</a> and Sean Jones will be great 12-3.</p>&mdash; Matt Thomas (@SportsMT) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsMT/status/681924510577246208">December 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>