1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rotoworld] T-Wolves to cut Ryan Gomes?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by countingcrow, Aug 2, 2007.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

2. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

That doesn't make any freaking sense.

3. B.I.G

B.I.G Member

That would be insane if that is true Gomes is a baller.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

It says 'IF they were to cut him' it doesn't say they 'WILL' cut him. If they do cut him though, Kevin McHale should be fired on the spot.

5. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe it is a Stacy Augmon type deal where they cut him so Boston can get him back.

6. aamir

aamir Member

Seriously... what are they thinking? Are they that infatuated with Craig Smith?

I'd hope the Rockets jump on him too... but I'm sure most other teams will try to as well. My guess is he'd end up back with the Celtics.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

i thought the title was ryan bowen was cut, and i thought it was because of ryan gomes. but anyway, i don't think they wuold cut him. it says that boston didn't want to trade him, but did. so apparently kevin mchale wanted him. i just think this is all rumors.

8. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Weisbrod

9. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

wrong forum and just a rumor...

10. abundance

abundance Member

A player that is traded to another team, cannot be resigned by his original team for 20 days. Gomes would be an unrestricted free agent.

11. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

12. Laozi

Laozi Member

Yeah, no way, hes 24-25 and had major improvement from yr 1 to 2. The T-Wolves are probably gonna cut Juwan and end up trading Gomes for backcourt help.

13. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

wow McHale is seriously pulling a Weisbrod, who wants to bet that in 3 years Al Jefferson winds up back on the Celts?

14. AXG

AXG Member

I read somewhere that Gomes didn't really need to be included in the trade because salaries would've matched anyway. His name was added last second but the Celtics didn't want him to go because they love his improvement and would've been the first man off the bench.

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's the only thing it could be, I'd think. They'd have included him to make the trade work (was his salary necessary?), but agreed he'd be cut and goes back to the Celtics. I wouldn't think anyone else had any shot at him (unless he pulled a Boozer).

16. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Naw, the Celts will still be capped out in 3 years, and Jefferson doesn't have any special allegiance to that city. He'll go wherever the money is. My guess is that as long as he plays fairly well, he'll get the max from the wolves and stay in Minny.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was under the impression that the "Augmon" scenario was banned when the CBA got reconstructed. The same year the "Allan Houston" exception had its run.

The Celtics had just traded Payton only for him to return with Walker. Stern said enough is enough and that loophole was dissolved.

18. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

well if he has a couple of knee surgeries and winds up in a Knick uni for a season, anything could happen :D

19. abundance

abundance Member

Since Gomes was traded during the offseason, the Celtics can't sign him for 20 days. It would be 30 days during the season. Any team but the Celtics can sign him until then

http://www.nbpa.com/cba_articles/article-VII_8.php

20. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

I think gomes is kinda scruby, got 12 points a game on the worst team in the league, not exactly a ringing endorsement.