1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

VIDEO: Yao Ming interview 5/19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, May 19, 2011.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

2. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Basically says he won't be ready when season starts. :(

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Let's sign him NOW!!!

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"Are you convinced you are going to end up still being a Rocket."

Yao: "I'd like to be. Look at this neighbor. There's no better place to be than Houston. For me."

Awe! Gotta love it when athletes talk sincerely about loving to live in Houston.

5. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

We should give him a signing bonus for saying nice things about houston neighborhoods.

6. Sing4LTS

Sing4LTS Member

Such a classy guy. Best of luck to him.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm glad this town welcomed enough over the years for him to feel that way.

8. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

I really wish the big guy could finally get a break.

For someone who has always been humble and hardworking, there never seems to be any sort of poetic justice for him.

Sigh, life is damn unfair.

1 person likes this.
  9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Yao should try and sign as the 15th man for a contender. Rockets are going no where anytime soon and he is not getting any younger; I would rather give his spot to a young player.

Go sign with a contender Yao!

10. scottie brooks

Life sure sucks when you are a world renown athlete makeing millions of dollars for sitting on the bench watching great bball games, relaxing with family at home, getting top of the line medical attention.

Man, sucks to be Yao.

1 person likes this.
  11. blackistan

blackistan Member

I wish him the best regardless of what happens

12. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

Unrelated, but his English just gets better and better every year...hope the big fella comes back strong though, even if it's just for 15 minutes a game. He'd be more productive than 30 minutes of Jordan Hill or Brad Miller.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

He looks kind of out of shape to me...

[​IMG]

14. Vivid

Vivid Member

This may be an odd concept, but there are people out there that don't want to just work 9-5, get paid, and buy stuff. They want to know that they are the best they can be at something they are passionate about. An artist doesn't feel blessed to make millions if can no longer do what he loves. A guy like Yao, he doesn't want this to be his legacy. So you are a talented guy, get famous and make millions and suffer injuries that no longer let you do what you did. Their is now an asterisks next to your career. Take two years out of your late 20's/early 30's, and instead of building on all of that hard work from your 20's, you might return a shadow of your former self. You can't just fill that in with fame and material stuff. That is something taken away that can never be given back, your best during your prime.
    I am not saying his life sucks, I'm just saying maybe he doesn't value the same things you do. If he values things like his passion for the game or his legacy, it is not that odd for one to sympathize.

15. SunsRocketsfan

San Diego is a better place to live but we have no basketball team. Going to lose our Chargers soon also. Yippie go Padres.

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I wish Yao could overcome his injuries and finish healthy, but I'm gonna stop short of feeling really badly for the guy not getting to expand to his potential artistry or whatever you're talking about. I'm sure it's not all about the money for a guy like him, but again, I wouldn't say the guy is living the life of someone who "just can't catch a break."
    Yes, I hear it's great, except the lack of NBA basketball and ... well... apparently humility and tact.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Yao is awesome, feel so bad for him

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Unfortunately,that's true. As long as he doesn't sign with the Mavs or the Jazz(even though the latter is not a contender),it's fine with me.

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That looks shopped, but if it isn't, dayum.

20. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

LOL...photoshop?