1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

fess up...who fell for it...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchaos, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rocketchaos

rocketchaos Member

my favorite was the time when clutchcity.com was turned to the spurs site...
    i totally fell for it... :D .....

2. FFz

FFz Member

i fell for it when it was ewing coming back to play backup center.

3. blkbeauty

blkbeauty Member

dang I thought the world was coming to an end. I didn't know where else I could have gotten any type of info about our rockets.

Now kick some Suns butt...Go Rox...

4. thedudeabides13

it got me. I froze for like 2 secs.

5. TheBigAristotle

Lol, I'd been preparing april fool jokes all evening yesterday so I wasn't phased much by it.

I've learned that April Fools days can still be funny though, just not necessarily surprising for the last 22 years I've been alive ;)

6. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

The only one that got me was the Ryan Bowen prank a few years ago. That was well-played.

7. superden

superden Contributing Member

I went to look for the joke this year. I liked the Hakeem one. That got me. HAKEEM IS COMING BACK?! haha.

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Too many pranks today so I didn't fall for it. I did last year though.

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

If you actually watch that video you'd have to wonder why T-Mac would allow that stuff on a site he owns.

10. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I didnt really fall for this one. believed in clutch selling the site (that could always really happen) until it mentioned the site was going to become t-mac.com

11. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

I fell . . . in love with T-Mac all over again.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I thought some of the shots in that video were inappropriate. I mean, why bring down all the actual good stuff he does in the community with the rest of it?? I really disliked the inclusion of the shot from the NBA Caring spots.

13. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I actually tried to go to the main page to see what the prank would be. Earlier this morning it still had the Spurs victory, so I was disappointed.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too.That was an absolutely brilliant idea. Best April fool's prank of all time.
    Hard to top that.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

clutchcity.com moment was probably the best... I fell for that one.. I think this April fools was pretty easy, usually I don't know when it's April Fools, but for some reason this time I had planned on doing wicked things on April Fools so I mean I couldn't get fooled on something by someone else.

16. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i fell for the post last night about yao ming being caught in the prostitution ring, granted i was intoxicated, but still i was pissed haha forgot it was april fools day

17. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Today's was waaaaay obvious.

I got fooled on the Ryan Bowen given the MLE.

18. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

It had me for 2 secs but then it made me realize what day this was so I decided to play a prank on a friend on mine at work who is a Dallas Mavericks fan. I sent him this e-mail:

He figured out that it was a prank pretty fast. Maybe after clicking the fake link.

19. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Ditto. Didn't see the actual prank until just a couple hours ago.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Because, my friend, when you take your first strokes into the dark, wide ocean of T-Mac hate, the undertow is fierce... there is no turning back... the waters will overtake you, until you can no longer remember that T-Mac is a human being, or that he ever did anything good.... embrace it.....

[​IMG]