1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks/Heat series

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by The Cat, May 21, 2000.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

All week long people talked about how this was such terrible basketball, and how is was a pain to watch. I hope today taught them a lesson. This is what basketball is all about. Great intensity, focus, desire, and clutch play. This was the most excited and intense I have ever been about basketball since, well, game 5 last year between these teams. There are a few games that will always stick in your mind as some of the best in history. To me, this may be one of them. Alonzo Mourning had what may have been the best game of his career. Tim Hardaway and Patrick Ewing, both swamped with injuries all over their bodies, stepped up huge in each team's biggest game of the season. Latrell Sprewell finally looked like the dominating force he was in last year's playoffs. And who can say enough about Allan Houston? I could tell this guy was absolutely in tremendous pain from his ankle, yet he went out there and played a ton of minutes. It came down to the last few minutes, and it was the old warrior Patrick Ewing who rescued the Knicks again with the game winning bucket, and some nice defense in the closing minute. As you can probably tell, I am also a Knicks fan in addition to the Rockets. Nevertheless, I just thought this was outstanding basketball, and it was the most excited I have been about a game in a long time. Anyone else care to share some thoughts on the series?

------------------

2. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

While I won't go as far as saying it was "great" basketball, I will say they were great games to watch.

The rivalry, the intensity, the clutch play, and of course the stupid Heat choking for the third season in a row. I loved the look on Pat Riley's face as the buzzer sounded.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

3. kissofdeath

kissofdeath Member

I thought this was a great series. It reminded me of the NY / Houston series during our first championship run -- hard-nosed defensive basketball with some big-time shots littered in the mix.

I feel for Mourning and Hardaway right now. Great efforts from two special players. That is really the kind of basketball that I'm drawn to -- every shot is contested and every loose ball is a scramble. That was the most exciting series we're going to see this year. The LA/Portland series will pale by comparison. I'm with ya Cat.

------------------