1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Letter from Rockets Owner Leslie Alexander

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidio840, Mar 16, 2012.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

March 16th, 2012

Dear Rockets Fan:

First and foremost, let me thank you for your continued passion for and support of the Houston Rockets. As we prepare to celebrate our 10th Anniversary Season in Toyota Center, it remains my primary goal to bring another NBA World Championship to our great fans and the City of Houston. We will do everything we can as an organization to ultimately attain that goal.

As we head into the stretch run of the season with a playoff spot in the highly competitive Western Conference within our grasp, we will continue to make a strong push up the standings. We currently stand one and a half games out of 4th place, and with the addition of veteran leadership to complement the talented young core of Kyle Lowry, Chandler Parsons, Patrick Patterson, Courtney Lee, Goran Dragic and Chase Budinger, we're very excited for the remainder of the year. The team is well positioned for the future with our youth and established veterans Luis Scola, Samuel Dalembert and Kevin Martin, and we have significant cap room and multiple draft picks to make a run at strategic player acquisitions.

While the future is very bright for the Rockets on the court, we’re also creating great experiences that will make your Rockets partnership even better. In keeping with my desire to bring the finest in world-class sports and entertainment events to Toyota Center and the City of Houston, I recently announced NBA All-Star Weekend will return to Houston February 15-17, 2013. This event will not only be a celebration of basketball for Rockets fans everywhere, it will deliver a significant economic impact to downtown Houston and the surrounding region.

In addition, in this 10th Anniversary Season you’ll see many upgrades in Toyota Center designed to enhance your game experience, including a new state-of-the art scoreboard and signage system to provide better replay, game action and game information visuals; an upgrade to our concessions to decrease wait times and provide enhanced menu options; greater game presentation elements to better connect our fans to the action on the court; and a new Rockets Hall of Fame on the main concourse to celebrate the great teams and players of the past, among many others.

In closing, great things are happening for the Rockets and our fans. I look forward to seeing you soon at Toyota Center as we build on the strong Rockets tradition and create many more memorable experiences together. Again, thank you for being such a big part of the Rockets family.

Best regards,

Leslie L. Alexander
    Owner

2 people like this.
  2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Where did this come from?

1 person likes this.
  3. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

It was emailed to us moments ago.

4. davidio840

Rockets Insider. I get the emails and this was sent to me a few minutes ago. I am looking for the link to post it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Stuff like this gets sent out periodically. Usually at the end of the season, and the start of the season.

Usually optimistic bs.

6. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

By the 2nd paragraph I realized this wasn't a spoof/joke and stopped reading.

7. YaosDirtyStache

Looks like Clutch isnt an insider anymore.

Someone find the new IT guy, im guessing his moniker is EMail

8. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

dear rockets fans,

sorry we didnt get anything exciting at the trade deadline. were working on all these other things to enhance your game experience because david stern hates us.

oh... and dont be mad at daryl.

signed,

les

9. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Rockets HOF sounds awesome.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up and passing it along on the board.

11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

tryin to lessen the disappointment of the trade deadline? Props for the pr effort....

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Les gives me all the updates in the Styx forum... but he didn't mention this email stuff :)

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Very classy of Mr. Alexander. He knows that we all were waiting for the block-buster trade and is basically apologizing for not getting it done. It's okay. Yesterdays moves didn't hurt the team. I think they are doing a great job of keeping us all interested in the team.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Haha....

#14 J.R., Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  15. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Wow, no mention of Morris in the "talented young core" group. I think that says something.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Double post

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The best barely playoff team owner in the league by far. Rockets fans are thrilled.

18. davidio840

I was also thinking that. They didn't mention him at all. Seems as if he isn't in our future plans.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got the email too.

This is the picture sent with it:

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The owner exists, has a name? I wonder what he tells DM the GM to do???