1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[video game] Toejam & Earl - kickstarter

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by clutch citizen, Feb 26, 2015.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I loved this game growing up. The original game was the best. Second was ok, but I was disappointed in the change of format. The rest sucked. This new one looks good so far. Original game format. Local Co-op is a dying breed that shouldn't be dead. I'm just glad they are focusing on co-op here as well.

Gotta get used to the visuals but I like the retro update.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9lC-f-s0XbQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link to kickstarter:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1578116861/toejam-and-earl-back-in-the-groove

1 person likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i loved that game.

interesting that he did the accent thing...

3. clutch citizen

He had me fooled. I thought of the Friends episode with Ross using an accent to lecture his class because it's more engaging. I was actually hanging on to every word. Not sure if it wa the accent or the fact that I love the original game.

4. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

This game looks like a total rip off of the original toe jam and earl! How can people get away with this fraud??!?!?!?

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I remember this game.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's an early beta that hopefully will look and feel a lot better.

But those sound effects really stirred up some memories even if I vaguely playing through and enjoying the original.

7. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I had this game and remember I felt it was such an accomplishment to beat it (without using the hot tub with babes cheat)

If I remember correctly, one life (though you could pick up more) and no saves. Good times.

8. clutch citizen

Bumpimg this as the Toejam and earl kickstarter winds down.