1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LOL] Girls HS Basketball - Double Tank

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2015.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

In order to avoid a powerhouse in the first round of the playoffs, both teams try to lose lmfaooooooooo. Knicks vs Sixers amirite?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s3qBCbqOh2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I hate it when girls won't put it in the hole when wide open.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

LOL at the free throws. Good both teams were thrown out.

Something similar to this happened at the Olympics 2012 in badminton.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Still could beat the Knicks

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

At first, I thought they were showing the thrown game because it was so bad. But then they said that's what a competitive game should look like. And then I lol'd because it's women's basketball.

Btw, did anybody else try to wipe that piece of dirt off their monitor only to realize it was the dirty camera lens? Deceiving.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Ha, both teams out -- serves them right.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I liked the 'Oh you won't steal the ball, fine. I'll just get an intentional back-court!' I want to see more vid of this game, apparently they were even shooting on the wrong hoops lololololol

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This.

It's always difficult to know when women are actually trying to be good at basketball.

10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'm surprised a professional coach would succumb to this type of strategy, I would think their egos would compel them to win the immediate game and then want to prove their abilities against the more competitive next opponent. Also, hypothetically how would this look to recruiters?

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

In the first 20s of the clip, the girl misses the layup and the other one just tosses it straight up in the air. I thought, "that could be tanking."

Then the newslady says, "this is what a basketball game should look like." Whoops :eek:

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Coaches should have been fired. The schools should be punished (fines) to be publicly embarrassed and held out of future playoffs for a year or two. The kids on the teams... and their parents, need to be embarrassed for going along with this.

My daughter plays for a local HS and they were matched up against the 5th ranked HS in the state. They were tied going into the fourth, and lost by four against a team that all of the starting seniors were heavily recruited (their star scored 21 and is going to TCU).

The idea of avoiding an opponent is repugnant, and if a team my daughter ever played for even thought of doing so would make me yank my daughter and go to the media. Everyone involved with this should be ashamed.

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I read about this the other day and was disgusted by it. Riverdale is 30 minutes north of where I live. The team that both of them were trying to avoid (Blackman) is coached by a friend of mine and former basketball player of mine. They won the state title last season and will probably win it again this season.

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Are they sure they were tanking? That could just be what lower level women's basketball looks like.

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

How complicit are the coaches? I can't imagine telling a group of kids that they should throw a game and still expect their respect and trust.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

New sport: Golfball

Too much POWerrrr

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

so yous aren't ok with the rockets tanking to avoid the clippers? :p

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I mean if you want your girl to put it in your hole maybe men are more up your alley?

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

can you imagine a coach standing by and doing nothing while your players blatantly throw a game?

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't imagine this ever happening without the coaches making it happen.

And I'm always refreshed by the misogynistic tendencies of a bunch of dorks posting on a message board.