1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

At times throughout the year, some posters start threads to pose a trade idea. If lots of people post trade ideas, it clutters up the forum, so <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=115538">we decided in 2006</a> to try to have one thread for "random trade ideas" that are not based on news involving the Rockets. They are simply, "What do you think about... " scenarios.

Here are the rules of the "Random Trade Idea" thread.

1) Keep your trade ideas realistic. We all know why the Rockets would want Dwight Howard ... but try to ask the question "Why does it make sense for the other team?"

2) Don't be a jerk. There are going to be unrealistic scenarios posted ... just point out to them why it couldn't happen, if you feel so inclined. Report the post as ludicrous if you must, but don't nuke the poster and call them names. It spirals the thread down.

<HR>
    Previous threads for reference:
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=157357">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2008-09</a>
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=177189">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2009-10</a>
    • <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=190437">Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas -- 2010-11</a>

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2010-11b

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?trdeId=3r5soeza

Rockets IN Lakers OUT: Bynum

Lakers IN/Rockets OUT: :Lowry, Hayes,Filler

As much as I appreciate the efforts of Lowry, we are quite well off at the PG position. It would be worth taking a gamble on Bynum's health. You get the second best center in the league IMO who would complement Scola very well for a dangerous front court.

We could roll with:

Dragic/Flynn
    Martin/Lee
    Bud/Williams/Parsons/Morris
    Scola/Patterson/Morris
    Bynum/Hill/Thabeet/Donuts

Lakers also fill their biggest position of need with Lowry and a good back up to Odom/Pau in Chuck

3. Damion Laverne

FTW?!! More like WTF!?

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

More like FTR(F*!! the Rockets).

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Patrick Patterson+Terrence Williams+Jordan Hill+Johnny Flynn+ 3 Million for Andre Iguadola+Mareese Speights+ 1st rounder next year. Maybe our luck could change and (I know this is wishful thinking) we end up with Nene.

I have always liked the idea of Lowry/Martin/AI. I think Patterson would fit well with that group, but maybe Scola a bit better.

Nene/Speights/Hayes
    Scola/Hayes/Morris
    AI/Morris/Bud
    Martin/Lee/Bud
    Lowry/Dragic

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have also liked the idea of Lowry, Martin and Iggy on the same team, but not at the expense of Patterson and Williams.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would see if Luis Scola could net us either Marcin Gortat or Kendrick Perkins. Hate to give up Luis like that but we need a solid center so badly.

We would be watching pre-season games at this point, what a bummer.

8. fattz

fattz Member

^^^^^
    I would like to see him (and Dragic) land us Brook Lopez and the bad contract of Travis Outlaw. The Nets need an uptempo big to play NOW with D.Williams and a soild back-up point that can play some two in a pinch would not hurt them... PLUS dump TO's bad 4yr. contract... AND BL is in the last year of his contract and will want to be paid, aswell. WE FINALLY GET OUR MAN.

9. VBG

VBG Member

Gortat sure. Perkins nope.

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Don't think NJ would ever move Lopez but I would like that as well. NJ would want way more.

I think that we should rebuild, but there are situations in which I can see us bringing in 1-2 top rotational players (not necessarily superstars) and then competing for a ring.

11. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

You wouldn't give up two completely unproven lottery picks for a player like Igoudala? :rolleyes:

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lopez is earmarked for Disneyworld when Dwight (Not now, not ever The Dream) Howard packs for Dodgerville.

13. Garner

Garner Member

lmao- Homerism at its best

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Unproven? Patterson and Williams have shown that they have what it takes to excel in the NBA. Especially Patterson. Williams is just hard-headed. IMO, McHale is the perfect coach for him.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Nahh. I just see a better team than a lot of others.

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Thabeet, Hill, Williams, and Patterson for Dwight Howard.

Then Lowry, Flynn and Budinger for Chris Paul.

Paul/Dragic
    Martin/Lee
    Morris
    Scola/Hayes
    Howard/D-Mo

Dynasty baby! :grin:

17. fattz

fattz Member

This should be preseason... lockout -_-

If and only if we sign C. Lee to a long term deal.

In: Darko Milicic, Wesley Johnson, Anthony Randloph and a first rounder or two

Out: Kevin Martin and Chase Budinger

T-Wolves - Their GM must win now or he is gone - picks do not matter to him at this point. They need a two and scoring in the worst way. These are R.A. pets and know HIS system and can help win NOW. (these two players have more value to the T-Wolves & R.A. than they do to Rockets going forward, IMO)

Rockets - YES!! we are giving a lot, but
    - Wesley Johnson is reason for the deal he is a superstar on the wrong team, playing in the wrong spot, for the wrong coaching staff. When/if R.A. gets a hold of this kid we will read about him daily. He is the answer to the small forward problem we have. 2012 Salary: $4,006,080 3 years remaining.
    -Darko Milicic is a servicable two way player (we need a center so bad that D.M. is worth trading for - that hurt to say but it is true). 2012 Salary: $4,776,500 3 years remaining.
    -Anthony Randloph is a wild card, much like our T.Williams, if he can "put all the pieces together" look out & if not he is in his last year of his contract no real loss. 2012 Salary: $2,911,231 1 year remaining.
    -A first round pick or two helps even the trade up

Give time, time

18. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

I bet Aldeman would love to get his hands on Martin and Bud. But we could get better with those two.

19. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I like this trade, but I would first see if Derrick Williams was available, before I pull the trigger on Martin for Johnson. I believe Derrick can make the transition to the three spot at the NBA level.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You would do better to offer Scola and Hill for Darko and Beasley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.