1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[cool story, bro] Pics/Observations from behind the bench @ Rockets/Clips

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KlutchQT, Feb 26, 2015.

1. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

Glad you had such a great night out!!
    Awesome recap, KlutchQT!

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I know some of you are being what you think is funny, but these comments towards KlutchQT are making me uncomfortable, so I cant imagine how she is taking them.

No, I know how she is...she is cool and knows she is in boys playland but still posts everyday and A LOT better than most of you, so I would appreciate it if yall would show some respect.

This isnt a dating site regardless of what moes thinks. :grin:

Thanks for the thread Klutch, top 10 poster in here easily.

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You just called her a 10. :p

Would a top 10 be more beautiful than Bo Derek?

#103 Roc Paint, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  4. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

Excellent post. I wanted to say the same thing, but figured I'd just be accused of hitting on her. The "joke" is old.

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Quit white knighting.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If he is white knighting, then by extension I am.....and do you really want to come at me that way?

I don't recommend it.

Its time for white knighting to not be an insult, there aint nothing wrong with calling out children for being classless. How else will they learn?

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Can this thread be modified to where we can give it 6 stars? I LOVE reading accounts of people sitting so close to the bench. Literally can't get enough of stuff like this.

Is Worrell a nice guy off-camera? I've always heard Calvin was pretty prickly and not at all like his on-camera persona.

8. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Thanks for the kind words as always, Rockets2K! :)

@ima_drummer2k, Bill was *SO* nice. I was so thirsty for a photo with him, but I was afraid to ask because they were getting ready for the pre-game show and I wasn't sure if he'd be annoyed. After they finished, he was just kind of hanging out watching Pablo shoot while Clyde and Bull did business-looking things... I was still chicken, so my friend was finally just like, "My friend is obsessed with you. Can you PLEASE take a picture with her?" He goes, "OF COURSE!!" -- and I ran over like a groupie. x_x He asked my name, how long I'd been a fan, etc... stuff I know he probably didn't really give AF about in real life, but he made an effort to make me feel special and that was pretty awesome. I got so carried away that I forgot I was holding my phone the whole time (preventing my friend from taking the photo until somebody pointed it out lol).

I wanted to try for a pic with Clyde after the game, but the usher very rudely told us we had to go if we weren't cleared to wait for a player or staff member. The only person I love more than Bill is Murph -- I'd be devastated if he wasn't nice in real life. I'd almost rather not find out lol.

1 person likes this.
  9. ima_drummer2k

I think that's what is commonly referred to as having class. Good to know Bill has it off-camera as well as on!

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I got the same impression about Bill watching him pregame when I saw the Rockets on the road in Detroit last month. I wanted a picture with him so bad but I was on like the fifteenth row so I didn't have the guts to crash the court. Bill went around the whole courtside finding anyone in Rockets red to thank them for supporting the squad.

That man is my childhood. I'd probably be prouder of getting a picture with him than with any Rockets player except Hakeem and Clyde.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Adding my kudos to the thread and OP. Thanks for sharing... these are the very best of what makes Clutch Fans so special.

One thing that struck me was there were no mentions of Chris Finch. I never see the guy say anything during the game. He never stalks to the media before, during (ala JB or Sampson), or after. Its as if he doesn't exist.

I know Adelman left over Finch... it would sure seem odd if he wasn't really a factor now or in the future.

12. MONON

MONON Member

Damn, I can't rep you twice in the same thread. :( Anyway, thanks for the great huddle recaps, game observations & pics. They are second to none! Also, good info on the tickets. I didn't know about Flashseats & I bet I'm not the only one.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Just out of curiosity R2K, what would happen if someone reported your post, only to have you reading the report, deciding your own fate?

I feel like there would be a rip in the clutchfans-time continuum. The site would crash and stockton images would rick roll at every click. :grin:

14. KlutchQT

Bumping just for this. I did the high-five-the-starting-lineup thing for tonight's game, and Murph was standing at the bottom of the stairs when we went to head back up. I scrambled to get my phone out, thinking I'd just sneak a quick pic of him. He obviously saw it coming, because I ended up with this lol.

[​IMG]

I told him I loved him and to never change... he cracked up, said thanks and gave me a hug. Prickly Calvin averted. [​IMG]

15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That's awesome! I missed this thread the first go around, so thanks for sharing! Also, very cool you got to meet both of them, and great pic of Calvin!

16. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Damn I needa get to the USA to get my own cool Story, bro thread

17. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Lol.

I was being sarcastic R2K.

:grin:

18. ima_drummer2k

That is AWESOME. Faith in humanity RESTORED.

I saw him high-fiving players on the way to the locker room before halftime. Hard to miss with that suit... He's a Rockets institution.

As much as I love Bullard....I really wish Calvin was still the color man with Bill.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I was sitting right there last night and saw you on the court. I was like "Hey, I know her from somewhere." But then I got quiet because I was like...aw naw, she's from Clutchfans! People won't understand!

20. KlutchQT

Lol... it's weird, right? I'm always like, "Well, someone from my... um... *mumbles* Rocketsmessageboardthing said..." and just wait for the WTF. x_x