1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden - Houston Rockets Debut Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 22, 2015.

?

Before Harden played as a Houston Rocket, did you think he ever had the potential to one day be MVP?

1. Yes

24.6%
  2. No

75.4%
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I figured him for about a 20-5-5 guy before we got him, good player sure, but maybe 3rd team calibre

2. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

No, of course not. Jumping from bench player to MVP is crazy. No one has done it in decades except Kobe (whose sixth man role was clearly a wink-wink "this guy is the future, but he's only 18 and Eddie Jones has a big contract" arrangement) and Nash (who is a freak of nature, and took many years to do it).

I think the post mentioning Joe Johnson was about how I felt. I hoped Harden could be Joe Johnson, except with a six-year peak instead of a two-year peak and crash.

3. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

It is one thing many people seem to forget. Yeah, Harden did not play well in the Finals outside of one game, but that road to the Finals was driven by Harden. He was the closer and ball handler for OKC in the previous three rounds. Kobe and Jason Terry have already said that Harden was the match-up problem for their respective teams in the playoffs. We all saw what he did against the Spurs, like that one timely 3 where he "lost" his dribble, looked up at the shot clock, and turned around and buried the 3.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Did anyone else think Lin and Harden would become a Westbrook and Durant type of combo?

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What.

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Who in the world thought that?!

I thought/hope Lin would be a do it all point guard. 15ppg, 7apg, 4rpg. He was almost that his first year (13.5ppg, 6apg, 3rpg).

I put Harden as a 24ppg, 5apg, 5rpg guy.

I thought neither would be a superstar but way more inclined to put Harden as the one to "breakout" and become one.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Due to Linsanity, I honestly thought/had high hopes for Lin.

As for Harden, well I was just hoping he could be something more than what Martin was for us.

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I just watched his debut again. Man he looked quicker and more assertive no?

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Forgot all about Carlos Delfino. Good times.

10. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

we never goin see that guy again:(:(

11. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Carlos D got swaggers, miss him very much

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It's weird..watching his OKC highlights..it just feels he had a more versatile offense game plus he seemed quicker and springier. He attacked the basket from different angles and was more creative around the rim. The last couples years here he has become obsessed with getting a foul drawn on every single drive. Everything is either straight line drive to the rim or holding the ball for 5 seconds before hoisting up a 3..just not a lot of versatlity. He added a deadly step back jumper last season but I haven't seen it much since the preseason started.

1 person likes this.