1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Worrell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 5, 2008.

Tags:
  1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I can't find much info on him by googling. I really enjoy his commentary. Was he a basketball player or coach himself at some point?

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

Bill Worrell is great but without Calvin Murphy the broadcasts lose a lot. Somebody please please please tell Worrell to stop calling every single move that Yao makes the "Shanghai Shake" :rolleyes:

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

well he dated a member's mom here and that member didn't like it too much

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i met him at a rox game in toronto one time.....genuinely nice guy.....he even came over to my seat and gave me some rox gear right after the game....

calvin was the biggest dick though.....he's got some serious ego problems...

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

lol are you serious.

Anyone have more on this?

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

haha yeah i remember that thread. one of the classic comments from that were, "yeah, i'd be mad too if bill worrell was banging my mom." :D

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Drexler is more guilty of using "shanghai shake" at inappropriate times.

IMO the only time its applicable is when he dips his shoulder or does an actual fake and shoots the turnaround the other way. Simple turnaround jumpers arent shakes.

I have no problem with it when Yao gives a fake one way and shoots the J turning to the other side.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bill's terrific. Former UH cheerleader!

9. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

10. docgundy

docgundy Member

I know all about Bill. His roommate at UH was my boss with the Astros. He's the one who got him into broadcasting after an injury-plagued baseball career with the Cougars. They also had a pet chicken.

11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Is he married? I recall him having a blond girlfriend or wife?

on a recent game he said that he has to do his own laundry, but that bullard has a wife to do it?

12. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

He also sang in a barbershop quartet while in college named "Electric Blue"

It was informal, they would usually sing only at parties so they could enjoy a few free adult beverages

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

He also used to do Astros home games on HSE, and Prime Sports I think.

He's a UH alum.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I can't stand Worrell.

His style is completely outdated. He would be fine if we were still playing in the 70s.

My cousin works for 610 radio. He said that Worrell is an ass and that he used to be an alcoholic. He also told me that Worrell isn't really that much of a Rockets fan and is only doing the job out of convenience. I hear most of the people that work at 610 don't like him.

15. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

Bill Worrell is awesome. I was vactioning in the Amazon with my family and this giant 33 foot Anaconda attacked me but Bill came out of nowhere and strangled the snake to death with his bare hands. Afterwards, he seduced and slept with my wife and taught my dog how to say "I love you" with barks. I wasn't mad, though. I was so thankful that I wasn't snakefood that I didn't even care that my wife said Bill was the best lover she'd ever had.

16. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

wonder if he did something or said something to offend you. iono either way i do miss murphy's commentary as crazy as it was. it seemed to compliment worrell's calm and relaxed style. i think bullard and drexler need to take some lessons from murphy. drexler more so than bullard because he just states the obvious.. -.-at least bullard seems to know what he's talking about

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Upgrade this mofo to member status pronto.

18. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

For those of you that actually know Bill personally... he sure does curse alot doesn't he! Comes off like an ******* actually...

I remember him asking a cheerleader to sit by him when there weren't any seats around and she looked at him as he was crazy... she smiled, turned away and went to eat in her locker room. Bill looked at Kiki Vande@#$% (playing Denver) and says "@#$%, Suit yourself hunny..."

This other time, he walked in and the chicken buffet tray was empty because they were refilling it, and says "Who ate all the @#$$%in' chicken?"

CLASSIC.

I've actually began to noticed ALOT of slip ups by him in the last couple of years... When does his contract expire?

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I don't know about that. He seems like a sincere fan and is a huge homer.

20. Blue Brick

Blue Brick Member

Lock up your daughters, Bill Worrell is in town.. :cool: