1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The fun hasn't yet begun this offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by djohn2oo8, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

The draft turned out to be somewhat of a disappointment to many Rocket fans, because the Amare deal didn't go down, and MAINLY because Mcgrady is still a Rocket. However, Morey got us 3 players out of 0 picks to start with. Some fans say that Mcgrady's trade value is garbage right now, which is NOT TRUE. According to Bill Ingram, (take with a grain of salt), the Clippers want Mcgrady's contract badly, as well as Detroit. Also, the Rockets are working hard on a Rubio deal, and if that falls through again, then they'll go back and pursue the Amare deal. Now, for Phoenix, they are looking for another PG, so they want Curry, who GS is not giving up. So, look for the Suns to talk with Houston again. Also, Von Wafer is history, so a little more money to play with to sign Ron. Plus, free agency starts in a couple of days, so get ready for that.

A couple of quotes from Bill Ingram from his chat:

"I think the Rockets send T-Mac to LA for Kaman in a package deal. LAC wants the ending deal, Houston needs a big man"

Tomislav in Zagreb (Croatia):
    Are Rockets done trading for Amare?

Bill Ingram:
    I don't think so . . .Suns are fishing for a PG, and if they can't get Curry they'll think about Brooks again.

http://www.***************/Chat.asp?CHAT_TOPICS_ID=351

2. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

Hoopsworld

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yeah, I don't trust Hoopsworld for much. It's not a clutch thing (because I know he hates them) it's more of a sports media thing. They are one of the few sites around that not only combine sources to create a story, they combine rumors to create one as well. It's all well and good when people like Adrian Wozonoski (i don't know his name, he's on Yahoo!) does it, because at least that guy calls it an opinion piece. Hoopsworld offers up these stories as fact. I dunno, I could be wrong.

4. djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8 Member

I think that the Rockets will make another run at Amare, and if that fails, Mcgrady will be traded to Detroit for Prince and Hamilton

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I think they can get back in the Amare talks since they've hit that snag with Stephen Curry and all.

6. worzel gummidge

Bill Ingram aka the Rocket Guy aka why Hoopsworld is banned.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

AI and Tmac? That would be sick. No I mean literally, I think I'd be ill. No one would see the ball and literally the two would be fouling each other just to get his shots in.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Djonhmac2008loco-

Please dont re-hash this crap and post it as inside info.

Everyone knows Bill Ingram is trash.
    Why would we flip Tracy for Kaman? We would march on the Toyota Center and riot.

Hoopsworld is as legitamate as saying your butthole told you all of this. and then trusting it.

Yo dawg, tracy is going to Cleveland for Lebron.

9. redao

redao Member

it is a waste to discuss anything from hoopsworld.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Using multiple sources to write a story is good journalism? What do you mean combine sources?

11. Steve_Francis_rules

AI is a free agent and Detroit's not going to re-sign him.

12. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

HEY GUYZ I TIHNK WE SHOLD TRAED WAFER 4 KOBE SO TEHY CAN RESIGN RIZA AND ODUM LULZ!11

13. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

I don't think you will ever have to worry about that. There would have to be a LOT more comming to Houston in the trade. Morey isn't that dumb. T-mac is worth a bunch more than what people have paid for R. Jefferson or Vince C. I see T-mac playing in Houston next year for a while before being traded, if he gets traded.

14. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The correct spelling is Sergio Llull.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I just don't believe the Rockets would make that deal. They're not going to use up their best trade piece for a friggin' backup big.

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Yes, but combining Rumors and offering it all as truth is questionable. I've got nothing against piecing a story together, but half the time Hoopsworld puts it all together (rumors and fact) and offers it all as fact.

17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe one of the local stations has Bill Ingram as their Rockets insider. It's way too funny that 1560 gets Clutch and the other station, gets Bill the Rockets Guy. When I heard him on the radio as their insider when I was down in Houston a few weeks back for work, I nearly missed my exit because my eyes were bulging out of my skull. I appreciate the guy's dedication to the team, but I don't think he's as credible an "insider" as Clutch is.

1560 should be verry thankful that Clutch appears on its air especially during the playoffs/draft/FA time of year. It's a great way to promote both outlets, and gives us Rockets fans something to grab onto for Rockets info and content.

18. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

Prince and Hamilton?
    That gives us what..Brooks, Hamilton, Prince, Scola and Yao with Battier, Lowry, Landry, and a possible signing of Ron Artest?
    That would be an awesome team. I don't think Detroit is offering both Prince and Hamilton. They are more likely to trying to get rid of Hamilton.

19. xishi

xishi Member

i wouldnt mind taking kaman cuz i think he would be a great backup center.

but not sure who else i would want from the clippers to make the trade work. i would want eric gordon but im sure the clippers wont let him go.

20. xishi

xishi Member

and yes i would love prince and hamilton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.