1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Magic @ Rockets 10/16/2013 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 15, 2013.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL the hate is strong on this one

do you honestly think Miami won't do a straight up swap of Wade for Harden in a heartbeat?

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I think it is a healthy assumption. It is easier to get him 28-30 mpg and have one of Dwight and him on court for all 48 minutes this way.

3. hltiki

hltiki Member

Although I disagree with her statement, you can't discount and simplify it as hate if there is some ounce of truth to it. Everyone in Houston believes Harden to be better than Wade, but many outside of Houston would say otherwise. I live outside of Houston and I don't know how many people I've tried to convince in regards to Harden being better than Wade right now.

But in trying to convince them, they have all made sound arguments, most of which revert back to his resume, his experience, and his ability to contribute while being the number 2 and injured.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The best SG last season is debatable, too many factors to take into account. However, the best SG only tilts towards Harden every year, and tilts away from Wade and Kobe every year.

So this year, I think it's perfectly possible that Harden would separate himself from Kobe and Wade as the best SG in the league.

If I were Miami, I would take Harden over Wade easily. Not because Harden is a lot younger and has a ton of room to grow, but because Harden's 3 point shooting complements the team and Lebron far better than Wade.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

a) Today's Dwight Howard is not the same Dwight Howard which carried Orlando to the finals. He's still a great player, but he is no longer a top 5 player in the league until he proves it again.

b) Yes, Harden was the best SG in the NBA last season, and he will only get better this year. Wade and Kobe are not what they once were, they don't have the fountain of youth Tim Duncan keeps in his backyard. Speaking of Tim Duncan, we all know he is a center, not a PF, and we all know he was better than Dwight last season.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i hate how people judge Dwight on last season when he wasn't fully fit, he is fit and ready for a big season

i hope we don't get a heap of bandwagon supporters jumping on and off just because of whether Dwight is in form or not.

bandwagon supporters are the worst.

7. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

This entire post has me scratching my head. How do you forget that Iverson's trip to the finals? One of the craziest runs ever. He won an MVP and took a bum team to the finals as a 6 foot point guard. Harden is also easily better than Wade.

8. vlaurelio

I believe the person who said Wade is clearly better than Harden is a rockets fan unless i'm mistaken

ask anyone who is not a NY, OKC, MIA, or HOU if they gonna draft a franchise perimeter scorer right now who will they pick?

1) Lebron
    2) Durant
    3) Harder
    4) Anthony

is it really hard to convince and non-Houston and non-Miami fan that

Miami swapping Wade with Harden makes them better now and the future
    while
    Houston swapping Harden with Wade makes them worse now and alot worse in the future

#708 vlaurelio, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Kobe played like he sipped from that same fountain of youth as Duncan did. He just sustained a serious injury towards the end. Before the injury he played 78 games straight averaging 27/6/6 at the age of 35.

Harden played 78 games and averaged 26/5/6.

Wade took a back seat to Lebron. We all know he is capable of putting up great numbers as well. He played 69 games and averaged 21/5/5 LOL not all that bad huh.

I know some of our experts statisticians could toss out the more detailed stats for ya. But all three players were pretty close.

10. vlaurelio

how many FGAs did Kobe take compared to Harden last season and did you even watch the head to head matchups between Houston vs Miami and Lakers last season?

and 26 to 21 is not pretty close LOL

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

I don't hate Harden at all. I find it frustrating that you can't even make a statement without somebody accusing you of hate.

What you are talking about is hypothetical. The fact of the matter is that Miami has won two title back to back with Wade & LBJ already. Why would Miami mess with something that already works? So no I don't think Miami would take Harden easily over Wade because why change something that isn't broken. It isn't like any other team stands a chance of beating Miami again this year. In regards to Houston I would take Wade over Harden if I wanted to win in the next two years. Why? Because 1 Wade has 3 rings and I believe a finals MVP so he has lots of experience winning titles. He is a fantastic defensive player and a gifted offensive player. Now if I wanted to build to win in the future like the next 4-5 years then I would take Harden.

Why do people keep saying that Wade has lost a step? Didn't he win a title last year & if LeBron wasn't on the Miami team wouldn't he have been the finals MVP. I do agree with you though that right now and until the end of time I would take Harden over Kobe. And DH12 is the best center in the NBA right now so of course he is a top 5 player, how can you not be a top 5 player when you dominate all the other players in your position. And yes I would take DH12 over Duncan how many DPOY's does Dwight have over Duncan? I am pretty sure Dwight has 2 and Duncan has 0. Why are people talking about DH12 of last year? He had just come off of back surgery.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Kobe took 20, Harden 17 and Wade 15. So do the math, pretty darn close pimpn bwhahahahaahah Like I said, some fans on here could give you more details to how close they are.

13. langal

langal Contributing Member

Wade's 21 has to be taken with a grain of salt. I think he shot over 50 percent and obviously deferred.

14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I cant stand that hate word being mentioned as well.

Wade will tell you himself that he has lost a step or two. It comes with age as well as nagging knee injuries. But he is still top 10 talent in the NBA.

A lot of teams breakup teams after they won multiple Chips all the time. Plus adding Harden would be an upgrade because of the age factor and that is it.

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This part made me laugh. If LeBron wasn't on the Miami team, Wade wouldn't go to the finals and therefore, wouldn't win the finals MVP.

16. Razsan

Razsan Member

Not sure what started this but no way I trade Harden for Wade at this point...even if I was desperate for a 1 year championship run. Wade is a terrific player who has seen his best days and Harden is a terrific player who IS seeing his best days.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

if Wade wasn't on the Heat team, LeBron wouldn't have either, it works both ways, both had their key games, he also didn't shoot that well in the finals.

LeBron shot 44 percent from the field but that was bumped up by his only 2 games that he shot over .500

lets not forget, Wade won a title without LeBron

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You would take Wade over Harden if you wanted to win over the next two years?

You are giving far too much credit to Wade. Lebron James was the best player by far in the last two years, their win share isn't even close. You could replace Wade with any other all-star and the Miami Heat would still be in the finals.

I think Wade is a terrific player in his prime and one of the best SG ever, but you are way overrating what he is capable of doing now.

19. vlaurelio

how many years ago was that? we're talking right now. would you swap harden for wade?

20. vlaurelio

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him