1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2011-12

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

we need a center that doesnt have bad knee injuries. I say we try to get marc gausol

2. rockets06

rockets06 Member

Sign and Trade
    In: Marc Gasol
    Out: Thabeet, Martin, and Grizzles 1st rd pick back.

Trade
    In: LaMarcus Aldridge
    Out: Scola, Patterson, and Knicks 1st rd pick.

Lowry, Dragic, Flynn
    Lee, Williams
    Morris, Bud, Parsons
    Aldridge, Hill
    Gasol, D-Mo

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm too lazy to check; didn't we trade that Memphis pick in the deal to get Donatus Montiej-however-you-spell-his-name-ickus?

4. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Grizzlies would not take Thabeet back, that's why they traded him.

Why would they trade their staring center for a SG who plays no D? They're whole scheme relies on strong perimeter D, with big men scoring.

Furthermore, the Grizzlies could probably get Monta Ellis for a cheaper price.

Also, why would the Blazers give up Aldrige for an older player? Aldrige is an all-star capable player and their only real threat. They're going to want more than a low first rounder, an aging Scola, and an unproven commodity in Patterson, especially considering Aldrige's most recent season.

6. rockets06

rockets06 Member

First of I'm bored with this off-season. But I figured a sign and trade for Gasol if the Rockets offered Gasol money that the Grizzlies wouldn't match which they probably would anyway its just one of those things that if he did leave you'd want something in return. They did just sign Conley and Randolph to extensions with Gay with a big contract also. So Conley, Martin, Gay, Randolph, and Thabeet isn't bad. Trading Scola and Patterson gives them a vet in the frontcourt and depth at the position while giving up a 1st rd pick. Yes Aldridge just had a great season but for the right price I'm sure he could be had. Again these trades are ideas not reality.

7. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

I still think a Scola to the Bucks trade makes sense.

Bucks seem to want to win now and there a good chance they'll have enough cap space to absorb Scola's contract (you might have to take back a small $ filler like Dooling), especially if they amnesty Drew Gooden.
    Scola complements Bogut and the rest of their team pretty well and Patterson seems ready to take over for the Rockets. Also creates more cap space & opens up playing time for the young guys.
    Just do a Gerald Wallace-to-Portland (two first +/- fillers) type of trade and get it over with.

8. fattz

fattz Member

^^^^^^
    Scola is a nice fit there, your right they have nothing to offer back to US. Maybe a third team could help out?

Coachbadlee - The T-Wolves are set at power forward with an All-Star in K. Love, & A. Randolph > J. Hill... The other team has to say yes for a trade to work. Just a thought.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

We should take another look at Iguodala with the new Philly management.

Thabeet / Flynn / Morris / NY 2012 #1

for

Iguodala

leaves

Lowry / Martin / Iggy / Scola

with room to offer near max money for Dwight Howard. That would be a damn good supporting cast.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I like the idea of bringing in Iggy. SOMEbody on the team should play D. But as much as Morris would enjoy going to Philly, I don't see Morey offering him and the NY #1.

11. fattz

fattz Member

What are your thoughts on Thaddeus Young (free agent, full mid level, 6.5 a yr. +/- ) from the 76's not as soild of a player as A.Iguodala ( 2012 Salary: $13,531,750 3 years remaining ) but still very versitle at a fraction of the cost.

link about T.Young
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/local/link?id=4013779

12. fattz

fattz Member

I know, I know BUT there is nothing to talk about... Lockout (-_-)

In: Emeka Okafor (filler if they want Hill)

Out: Scola and Thabeet (Hill if they want him)

NO:
    - West and Landry are BOTH going to walk
    - CP3 needs an uptemo big to play with - Scola
    - their team needs a leader - Scola
    - (if they want Hill - young big with some flashes of talent - in the last year of his contact)
    - Thabeet may "pan out" if not he is in last year of his contact, too.
    - They still have Aaron Gray, D. Anderson, and D.J. Mbenga
    - Will clean up the books next year for the new owner and/or the NBA till team is sold.
    - Like us the more they suck the higher the draft choise.

Houston:
    - E.Okafor (2012 Salary: $12,642,500 3 years remaining) is from Houston and would easy to market.
    - Would fit in nicely with the team - will not need to score much / just play some D and rebound both things he does well...
    - Young / in prime
    ( over paid but fills the need )

13. Muaz

Muaz Member

I was randomly pondering about answers to our problems one day, and I started looking into it, and found Thaddeus Young, I like him I don't know if he's worth the mid. Maybe 4 years $20-$25 million. Remember Travis Outlaw he was a tweener, and he got the mid-level, and he hasn't panned out. I was expecting him to be a poor man's Shawn Marion. but anyways I don't know if Thaddeus Young is the answer anymore, he mostly played the four in Philly this year, but he does have some serious potential. He has a nice post game, but he's really gotta work on his outside shot in my opinion. He's got an alright elbow jumper, but I dunna know. He is a stellar defender and rebounder though.

14. Muaz

Muaz Member

Uggh i meant $18-22 million I really gotta focus more when I'm typing.

15. fattz

fattz Member

Starting line-up going forward:

pg- Lowry / Flynn / Williams
    sg- Lee / Williams / Llull
    sf- Johnson / Morris / Randloph
    pf- Patterson / Morris / Randloph
    c- Okafor / Milicic / Randloph
    12 man - Hill or Hill's trade filler

If Morris or Flynn can't score off the bench this will not work very well at all...

Not great but very soild and young with room to grow as a TEAM... (with a lot of draft picks, too)
    Go make it happen DM the GM

In: Emeka Okafor (filler if they want Hill)
    Out: Scola and Thabeet (Hill if they want him)
    .............and............
    In: Darko Milicic, Wesley Johnson, Anthony Randloph and a first rounder or two
    Out: Kevin Martin and Chase Budinger

all in fun

16. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Yes, give a division rival a better chance to win at the expense of us!

Brilliant idea! :rolleyes:

17. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Paul--Paul
    Green--Green
    Ariza--Ariza
    Scola vs west/landry
    Thabeet? vs Okafor

doesn't look any better. It will probably even benefit us next season if Paul doesnt resign.

Jack?? Vs Lowry
    Green. Vs Lee
    Ariza. Vs Johnson
    Scola. Vs Patterson
    Thabeet vs Okafor

Hornets don't even look like a rebuilding team. The rockets won't even be last in the division.

18. davestrate

davestrate Member

19. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Would any of you guys take up the likes of Diop, Beidrins or Hawyood for the exprings on Flynn and Thabeet?

Out of the 3, Haywood is the best player but has the worst contract. Diop is the cheapest but the worst player. Beidrins has a short but hefty contract, he is injury prone but capable of solid double doubles when in form.

I dont think Warriors and Dallas are that desperate for salary dumps. Maybe Jordan (mr cut-costs) will want to give up Diop for Thabeet. Diop would be solid for 20 MPG, but he costs $14 mill over this and next season.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As much as i would hate to trade away Thabeet now, Biedrins for Thabeet is a no brainer. Also, i don't think Haywood is better than Biedrins. Maybe healthier, but not better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.