1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jonny Flynn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Dei

Dei Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7U65I6UB9og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know highlight reels unfairly takes the very best of a guy's overall performance but, I've got to say, that's some body control.

1 person likes this.
  2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Flynn is another low risk shot at a solid rotation player... Just like Hill, Williams or Thabeet. All these experiments are adding up with little result.

3. RedRocket15

RedRocket15 Member

I think it's safe to say we could snag a late 1st rounder for him at least. If Toronto is interested, I think Ajinca and a future 1st would be nice. Ajinca can block shots and shoot, but he is a project.

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The good thing about picking him up at this point is that, at this point, the guy can't possibly lower his value. He was in a system that didn't give him the opportunity to show his capabilities to the fullest, so a lot of teams are sleeping on him.

He's a play-making PG that can create off the dribble, run the PnR, and get out on the fast break to rack up some points. None of those things were used extensively in the Wolves triangle offense. This team's offense seems to be a bit more suited for him.

Does that mean he'll be great here? No it doesn't, but the guy's value can only go up at this point. So I don't really see a problem with bringing him in at all. Especially considering it means we got rid of Brad Miller.

1 person likes this.
  5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Are there any NBA highlights?

6. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I was meh when we got him... but I´m starting to really like that guy after listening to his interviews. He seems to have been really humbled and to be ready to work real hard - he knows he is down and he knows that it will take a lot of hard work and convinving to get back up. But he is still confident enough, that he can become a premier PG in this league.

And don`t forget: he actually played decent in his rookie year and battled with injuries in his second year (couldn`t get any preseason or training camp done). Add to that the fact, that he played in a really difficult system that is very PG-unfriendly as it takes the ball out of his hands - and he becomes a real nice project. Don`t trade him right away. Let`s see what this kid can do on the floor for us.

7. Dei

Dei Member

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/54tzdRU1OEc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H-zbeWiirdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sick dunking ability.

8. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/73kVFYDo0hg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

This guy sure has his little moments of brilliance. I hope he can become a JJ Barea type player off of the bench.

10. rocketzlove

rocketzlove Member

:grin: we haven't seen the real jonny flynn

11. McWai

McWai Member

I think he is a keeper. and I wonder if a restricted free agent can do sign-and-trade. if so, can we use TWill + Jordan Hill for DeAndre Jordan(sign and trade) + Pick.

12. RocketDonut

RocketDonut Contributing Member

Wow, I really like him in this interview. He seems extremely grounded and knows what he has to do. I hope he can crack the rotation here or if not, somewhere else. Guy has a great attitude.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Reminds me of a smaller Steve Francis. A lot of dribbling. Explains his struggles.

15. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I can see why he struggled in Minni, with the triangle offense, which is not suited for his skillz.

17. wtfamonkey

wtfamonkey Member

Ain't that right...

He is only 22 years old. :eek:

18. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

i think if we give him a chance then he can be good

19. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I agree... he interviews very well :)

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

So far. Let's give them a training camp, a new coach, and a full season before we give a final grade.