1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jazz

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Oct 18, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hope both the Jazz and the Mavs have a travesty of a season and miss the playoffs.

I wish nothing but the worst for them

1 person likes this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Every year the Jazz make the playoffs is a year too many.

3. basketballholic

No. Not a fan of the Jazz. But I do admire their organization. They can't attract premier free agent talent so they're working with a handicap. But they continually reload and become a very difficult team to deal with.

As far as the playoffs go, in my mind, there's 6 definite playoff teams in the West with two spots up for grabs. The automatic playoff teams (barring major injury) are SAS, LAC, GSW, MEM, HOU, OKC. That leaves two spots up for grabs. I think there'll be a dog fight between UTA, DAL, NO, SAC, LAL, and PHX for the last two spots with those spots not being decided until the last couple games and probably at least 4 of those 6 teams still in the hunt for one of those last two spots at that time. Of course all this speculation is sans major injury, which never happens. At least one team will go down because they lose a very good player. Unfortunately, in the West, the competition is so tight that a definite playoff team could fall completely out of the playoff picture with injury to their superstar as OKC did last season. But...if UTA doesn't lose Hayward or Gobert for significant time I expect they'll be there at the end of the season.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Personally I wouldn't be super excited to play against Gobert and that defense in a playoff series. I remember us struggling with them last year.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Even if New Orleans makes the playoffs, they still have a shot at making it. I don't hear many people giving the Jazz credit for their very slow improvement, but they can play the game.

You can't ignore that they finished the season 17-8.

http://www.businessinsider.com/utah-jazz-dominating-since-all-star-break-2015-4

6. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Hayward is a player. I can see him having a breakout year and leading that team to a playoff berth.

7. dream2franchise

Gobert and the young Jazz have a Dikembe/Nuggets like upset in them if they sneak into the playoffs. Hopefully against GS.

My dislike for the Jazz was always linked to Sloan-ball. Ever since he left I haven't disliked them as much. I'm sure them fielding a competitive team will rectify that though.

8. i3artow i3aller

9. malakas

malakas Member

I really like that psychopathic lookalike coach.

10. i3artow i3aller

11. basketballholic

If you watched this game tonight against the Warriors there should be no doubt in your mind that this Jazz team is coming and coming hard. They're better than us now. No question about that.

12. boiler

boiler Member

That doesn't say much.

13. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The Jazz...

F*** 'em...

The End

/thread

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

HOLY **** ^^^^

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

"prepare your anus"

16. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Gobert and favors is a Lethal 4/5 combo.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yup, they done pissed them off. :)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dante Exum, Rudy Gobert, now Alec Burks. Basketball gods, what have the Jazz done to offend you?</p>&mdash; Kurt Helin (@basketballtalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/681204763250274305">December 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/AlecBurks10">@AlecBurks10</a> suffered fractured left fibula. Surgery not required, he's out indefinitely: <a href="https://t.co/TFQG3g7HgD">https://t.co/TFQG3g7HgD</a> <a href="https://t.co/rt4jGCT3qx">pic.twitter.com/rt4jGCT3qx</a></p>&mdash; Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) <a href="https://twitter.com/utahjazz/status/681204666986815488">December 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. basketballholic

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Haha the irony is so painful it's now comical.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No one will want to face the Jazz in the playoffs. ;)