1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well, you need to change your tune now

2. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hmmm... Did not expect that.

The defense looked awesome tonight. Physical tackling, aggressive, reactive. No Claiborne out there was awesome. Moore is much better and is edgy like Scandrick. I like Durant, McClain and Carter as a LB group. Hopefully Carter is ok or isn't out long. Really need to win next week as we will lose in Seattle.

Offense is looking great all around. Romo getting his groove back and TWill is emerging. Demarco Murray and the Oline are better than expected.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Same guy that stormed out of practice because he heard he wasn't in the starting lineup anymore.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Initial diagnosis of Mo Claiborne is torn ACL, per Jerry Jones. Will get MRI to confirm.</p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/516434849440477184">September 29, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Well, there are some clear signs that this team may have turned a corner. It's been a long time since we have had this balanced of a team. But, there is still time for them to screw it all up and injuries could be a factor. But, so far so good.

Also, I find it hilarious that everyone and their dog was picking the Saints to win this game. Then, after they got their butts kicked and Dallas won easily, the talk turned to how the Saints suck and aren't a good road team. Well...okay...but where was all that analysis when everyone was picking the Saints to win it? I think I saw like one person pick the Cowboys to win it. Before the game, Saints will kill us. After the game, Saints suck and Cowboys didn't really win it versus Saints just stink. Umm...ok...yea...anything to not give Cowboys credit for playing a great game.

5. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Loving the way this team is playing and coming together. Also just found out I'll be at the Texans game.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Gotta win games they should win. Texans are a gimme. IF they lose that, man...

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Bookmarked

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I got tickets for me and my dad, he's been a life long die hard cowboys fan and hasn't ever gotten to see them live, so he is excited as am i. So I'll be making the trip Sunday also.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This is a big game for us. We need this win for two reasons. The first being that we play at Seattle next week. If we lose tomorrow, we will surely be 3-3.

More importantly, this team is trying to forge their own identity. The Saints win was huge to show that this could be a different team. However, it won't mean much if we can't put away Houston and home. Time to test if the mental makeup of the team has matured.

10. t_mac1

Pretty embarrassing display by the Cowboys offense in the first half.

11. BigMaloe

Great victory. Awesome atmosphere at the game in a weird way. Almost felt like a neutral site with the amount of Texans fans there. Poor guys drive all that way for nothing.

We almost killed ourselves with the turnover, we really need to correct those. Murray especially. I know it's the crap Texans offense, but I'm proud of the way the defense played and came thru.

It's been a long day and a long trip, I'm tired and gnight.

12. t_mac1

Cowboys pretty much dominated the game. They had like 20-25 more plays in the opponent's side of the field but couldn't convert because of dumb turnovers. They really need to eliminate these unforced mistakes, esp. Murray, if the team is going to win the truly big games.

And it feels like every Cowboys home game is a neutral site. Every game has had a ton of the opposing team's fans show up in huge crowds.

1 person likes this.
  13. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Game was awesome. The turnovers are going to kill us eventually. As for the crowdi think if the wins continue it will shift back to mostly cowboys fans. Right now i think the fans are sending a message that 8-8 is not acceptable

1 person likes this.
  14. BonziWellsGOAT

Well I guess I'll be the first one to say anything about the Boys going to Seattle and taking care of business. This threads been awfully quite since we beat the Texans....

15. BigMaloe

It's not really a good thread for us cowboys fans. The people who post the most here are Texans fans or cowboy haters. It sucks because i really would like to talk cowboys football with cowboys fans but haters gone hate.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It really pains me to say that the Dallas Cowboys are the best team in the NFL right now, but they are. They dominated the Seahawks at their place in almost every facet of the game. If it weren't for that punt return TD, it wouldn't have close. I still hate the Cowboys, but they're definitely legit contenders right now.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I feel like romo has been lucky with some of the throws he heaves up(the two against us and the one on 3rd and 20 yesterday)

That being said, the main difference this year is that the cowboys have figured out to close games. Also the offensive line and the defense have been very good. The team still relies on the health of two players though; Romo and Demarco

18. t_mac1

The difference this year is the willingness of the team to pound the ball even when running isn't paying off. Demarco struggled initially, but they kept running and running and eventually dominated. That OL is superb. If the Cowboys continue to run the ball more than 50% of the time, this team will go far

And the MVP this year is the O-line.

And yea, eliminate the turnovers.

19. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

The Cowboys are probably the best/most complete team in the NFC.

Teams that I'd see them have real problems with because of the potent offense & formidable defense:

Broncos
    Chargers
    Colts

-------

Philly
    Lions

I wouldn't pick them to win against the first 3, the next two I'd flip a coin.

I'd put the Packers in there if their run defense wasn't so horrible.