1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dear DWade,

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Dear DWade,

How are you? How is supercool Beas? Its been a long time since you won that championship...... Been kind of rough in Miami the last couple years eh? I am sure you are looking forward to this season, you guys have a lot of hope to make the playoffs and then be bounced by your old friend Shaq and the best sidekick he has ever had. Or maybe a one-way ticket out of the playoffs stamped by KG and his band of veterans? Either way, your not going to win much, but hey, neither is my team. See, here is the thing Mr. Wade, the nightlife in Miami is dull when you are coming off a loss (which you will be a lot of nights) and thats really the whole allure of the city. I am a big Rockets fan, and we don't have Pat Riley here, but we do have Daryl Morey and Rick Adelman. And we don't have the nightlife, but Houston does have a lot going for it (as many NBA'ers who live here will attest to). We also have Yao Ming going for it, remember the last time you were teamed up with a good center? You were a superstar and Shaq only had to play second fiddle. Funny I should mention that, because we have a center here, who could probably be more effective if given that same role and opportunity. Antoine Walker, Gary Payton nice guys, but headaches! We have the ultimate collection of hard working and quiet role players here. The dirty work and defense are already done! And thats where you would come in, because we do need a good dose of IT. Meaning a #1 guy. A leader, someone who will attack and play our game. Pat Riley has been enslaving you for a while. No talents been brought in...... We know you want to win. All it will take is a little desire from you, to be here. We will have the money, if you want it. But we mostly want to win, and we have everything we need, except yourself.

Regards
    Rockets fan

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He will be even more injury-prone with the Rockets. No!

3. joesr

joesr Member

lol this is where the post office stamps return to sender

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Dear Francis3422,

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Sincerely,

5. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I agree with "TheGreat".....I mean come on we got T-Mac when he was 25 and healthy, coming of winning the scoring title, and was considered one of the top three player in the NBA........If we trade for D.Wade(who's 27 btw, will be 28 in a couple of months) its going be like a two or three year window, specially given how he plays, he might get injured and drop from elite status....and all will have is another injured player with a huge contract :(

PS. I vote no for D.Wade.....Id rather go after Rudy G. or some other young player with all-star potential....

-rocketblaze

6. devilsdandruff

OP
    why you posting here.

7. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

are you saying he needs a good center to be a superstar. :confused:

8. RyanB

RyanB Member

great player
    but a lotta injuries and getting old

9. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

We already have C.B. to develop to that level

10. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

You guys are nuts. The letter may seem a little nuts, but if we could parlay T-Mac's contract into D-Wade we would be instant contenders. Even if he only has a 2-3 window, I would take it. At least I would be sure that he wouldn't dog it like T-Mac does at times. D-Wade has a Kobe Bryant level work ethic, and dare I say it, a bigger overall impact on the game. If he can carry the Heat on his back then I am sure he could get us to the Western Conference Finals at least and give someone there a run for their money. The last time he made it that far, he put his team on his back and had the best NBA Finals performance ever. You guys are seriously nuts if you wouldn't want him vs. any other player in the league besides Lebron.

11. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

He's a whole 27 years old with a championship under his belt. Ya no reason to go after Wade :rolleyes:

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

dwayne wade is not going to have a very long career like a kobe or lebron... b/c his style of play is too physical. however, he changed his style of play as teh season went along last year to a more perimeter game (jacked up 8 3s per game in the playoffs) so it could change.

regardless, if dwayne wade wants to come here, you lay out the red carpet from miami to houston. anytime you can get a top 5 player, you get him.

13. A bezzy

A bezzy Member

what?! getting old? dude what the hell r u talking about... t mac?. d wade isint gettin old.. he has a long way to go. If u mean once you are born you begin to get older than yea...

14. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

D-Wade is someone I'll go after. Besides, between him and Lebron, I think D-Wade is much better and more clutch.

15. diegot143

diegot143 Member

If this thread would not have been created i would have probably been the one to do it. Personality wise and skill wise he is just what we need.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Really? Enslaving? If you make a wage it's called employment/job/career.

17. snc

snc Member

Lol, I do not think he means enslaving in terms of doing something without getting paid. Thanks for the laugh though.

18. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I'm in. I've wanted him here for a while now.
    I think if he does leave Miami, he'll go to Chicago. Man, I hope he comes here.

19. jsonic6

jsonic6 Contributing Member

DWade to Houston... Book it. :D

20. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Just food for thought....DWade, without Shaq, has lead his team to exactly one more playoff series win then TMAC. :D

In the playoffs:

TMac - PPG FG% RPG APG
    28.5 43.0 6.9 6.2

DWade - PPG FG% RPG APG
    25.7 47.4 5.3 5.9

Just saying... but seriously I would love DWade but like was mentioned earlier the cat is going to Chicago or staying in South Beach.