1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

aussie rocket back and coming to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Aug 12, 2015.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I look north to the Gold Coast Hinterland, and think I could live on a couple acres and have a couple more bedrooms. Just saving for that deposit.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

hey mate

the flashseats admins got back to me and said no issue at the arena. You have to use a valid address to sign up, but no issue at the gate. Just have your credit card with you.

I'm all set for those 2 games. At Dallas April 6, April 7 in Houston vs Suns.

Exchange rate is a b*stard. Paid about 150USD per seat for the games. Exchange rate is around 70c.

Ouch.

3. daveford

daveford Member

Thanks mate. Good to know. The exchange rate is a killer at the moment. Making for a very expensive holiday. Get to see the rockets though so ill deal :cool:

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Hey guys - re getting Flashseats here in Australia. I had the same troubles at the beginning of this year with the app only available in the US app stores.
    Change your local to be US to get access to the US apps. Took a bit of mucking around (Google is your friend!) but did that and worked really well. (Didn't even need data connection on phone at the stadium - just walk up with the page loaded and scan when entering).
    Re-sellers like Stub hub also distribute tickets for Toyota Center through Flashseats.
    Have a blast! Early this year was my 1st time in Houston. Absolutely had a great time.

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Do you even need the app though?

My plan was just to scan my card

6. abaker28

abaker28 Member

From memory I found the app easier. Not 100% sure, but I don't think I could register my credit card correctly (or wasn't 100% sure at the time) - something to do with the state where obviously you couldn't enter in and Aussie state.

OH - something else you shouldn't miss out on is the Toyota Center stadium tour. You can register through the Rockets website (or the Toyota center).
    It was about $20 from memory and they take you for a tour of the stadium.
    I took my kids and we went onto center court, through Admin to see the 2 NBA LOB trophies. If you're lucky, you may bump into a player through the hallways (we met Joey Dorsey - got photos and had a chat with him. Nice guy). Really a memorable tour. Hopefully you'll get Henry who has some really great stories.

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Awesome advice

Definitely will do the tour!

8. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

I was having issues with the flash seat app as well being in Australia, ended up speaking to Andre at the Rockets who advised I could get tickets through them when they went on sale and they would be left at the arena to pick up. Was a great dude.

9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I will be there in section 112 tonight wearing red fear the beard shirt

Ready to roll

Could never have guessed back in September that this would be such a critical game. Hopefully I'm not completely outnumbered by MavPricks and there are are a few Rocks fans around me to have my back!

Will be heading to Houston in the morning and at Suns game tomorrow night at Toyota Centre. Will wear the fear the beard shirt again.

Go Rockets, you good things

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

GO AUSSIE ROCKET!!