1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Draft Day

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by el gnomo, Apr 15, 2014.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This thread is in the NFL Forum, but there are no viewers over there.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=250216

Has anyone seen this yet? I fully expected it to be a complete dumpster fire, but somehow it's at 63% on rotten tomatoes. How is this possible? Looks like such a trash movie. If anyone has seen this, please explain. Thanks.

2. NateNate

NateNate Member

I seen it...
    The movie overall was eh, but what was cool about it was that it felt like an "NFL" movie. They had lots of NFL reporters/players in there, as well as the commissioner... but the best thing about it was the camera shots and views over the cites and teams facilities, they really were cool especially the one over Houston!!!

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Don't give me piss and call it lemonade. My $0.02.

5. DwightHoward13

Jennifer Garner sucks in this movie.

6. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I hated when they showed the GM in his office on the phone, the background shot of the window with a water tower in the background. There is not one water tower near that stadium.

sorry, had to nitpick there.... :grin:

movie was ok, entertaining, but not in the same league as Moneyball

don't get the hate for Jennifer Garner, she isn't bad and underrated hottie....

7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

A good idea executed poorly. The characters are 2 dimensional, the dialogue is awful and the trade scenarios are ridiculous. And because every Hollywood movie has to have one, they included a love interest.

I was hoping for something along the lines of ESPN's 30 for 30documentary "Elway to Marino" (which I can't recommend highly enough, it was amazing) and this wasn't anywhere close.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Seems like a movie made for cameos. I'm guessing all the well-noted retired NFL-ers made an appearance along with some current NFL-ers and GMs. I would say Jerry Jones is definitely in it (without knowing). I would not pay to see this film unless it had strong reviews. I'd rather watch the real NFL Draft.