1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Johnny Football the Pick We Are Missing?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by solid, Dec 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remii

Remii Member

I think this test simply has more to do with who skated through high school and college (as far as school work) and who didn't. Could also have something to do with financial up bringing (the best teachers usually don't teach at schools in poor communities). Just the same I don't believe a wonderlic score is indicative of play on the field but the test is still a requirement.

At least you got on the field buddy.

2. MrVengeance

MrVengeance Member

Wunderlic doesn''t test intelligence like i've said before. If you suck at math, than you will end spending lot of time on math question and miss out on answering other question proficiently. Average score for a nurse for this test 23, so that says it pretty much.

3. Mark

Mark Contributing Member

Johnny with the two best seasons and SEC history. The best pro day. Now the best Wonderlic. Only a Sophmore. Very impressive. But people still gonna hate.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The wunderlic doesnt predict success definitively, but it does give some indication...but when a QB is getting touted for intelligence and he scores a 20, that's a bit concerning imo.

Gabbert sucks for reasons outside of his 42.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Dan Marino, Cam Newton, RG III all scored in the same neighborhood..... also take the released numbers with a grain of salt. The Wonderlic corporation does NOT release the numbers to the public.... the actual number could be higher or lower.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Its because he is scared to get hit. LOL.

7. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

If Roger Staubach thinks Manziel should be top pick, then it prolly should be.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh no, tattoos, oh God no. He should be working at Freebirds with the rest of em', right?

9. cardpire

cardpire Member

Show me where I ever said anything about tattoos.

He usually sounds like a half-wit when he speaks, in my observations. That's what I was basing it off of. I guess either I was wrong, or it's further proof that the Wonderlic is usesless.

Is it really that crazy to be surprised that Colin Kaepernick outscored a Stanford grad on the Wonderlic? Which would you have put your money on, slappy? And why? Thanks.

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

b/c he's only one in the top 20 not white?

11. Remii

Remii Member

I don't know why his race is coming into question but in his case (and many others regardless of color) it shows the wonderlic score has nothing to do with decision making.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

20. (trade) Dallas Cowboys: Johnny Manziel , QB , Texas A&M
    I can almost hear the ESPN presidents splooging all over their desks. The "Worldwide Leader" would be able to talk about Manziel, Jerry Jones and the Cowboys for a decade straight, non-stop. ESPN wouldn't even mention anything other than Manziel and Dallas in that span. It would be so terrible that it almost has to happen, right?

Anyway, Manziel isn't out of the question for the Cowboys. They'd consider him, especially if they trade down. Not much else made sense.

The Cowboys would use their newly acquired third-round pick on a defensive lineman of some sort, I'd imagine.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014trades_1.php

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The prophecy fulfilled!!!

14. Remii

Remii Member

"IF" you're still on that pipe... Could you please post the lotto numbers. Thanks in advance.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm a legit time traveler bro.

[​IMG]

16. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

LOL.........................................

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

I loved that movie. Totally stupid, but soooo funny.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>For the record, I'm not guessing on the Cowboys not drafting Manziel. I was told absolutely no by the highest of authorities.</p>&mdash; Jeff Sullivan (@SullyBaldHead) <a href="https://twitter.com/SullyBaldHead/statuses/460854471967264768">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

20. Raven

Raven Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.