1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Donald

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Wattafan, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

If Texans take a trade, Donald would be another high impact player with NO questions about his motor and his ability is beyond question and also give Texans that extra pass rush that could collapse pockets and make our D the terror of the AFC. And get us some extra picks.
    There have been some rumblings that Donald is a #1 talent...
    This little vid clip is a quick shot of his effort.
    Who'se got the ball?
    Oh well, tackle both.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Cowboys will take him with their pick; Cowboys are in love with him

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I like the kid and he's a 1st round pick, but no one is mistaking him for #1 pick talent.

I don't see the fit on the Texans because he's an undersized 4-3 DT. He's not a 3-4 DE. He gets overpowered in the run game and can't occupy blockers. but he's probably athletic enough to play 4-3 DE. He's a unique player, but I just don't see the fit. We'd only run the 4-3 half the time at best.

Could we find creative ways to use him? I'm sure. And if we trade back a good ways and he's still on the board, and the value is there it's something to think about. But I think there are probably other players that are a better fit for what we want to do defensively.

4. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mI1y-Z9AvYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he tends to play high off of the snap, doesn't look strong enough in the 1 or 0 technique, probably best at 3 , might be too short for any end position.

5. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

Aaron Donald will be the best defensive lineman of this draft.

6. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

He'll look really good next to Gerald McCoy @ Tampa Bay.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Donald wouldn't fit in our scheme, he's a guy that will only find success as a 3 tech in a one gap 4-3. I can almost guarantee he's not even being seriously looked at by the Texans

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This. Good player. Not a good fit for our defense.

Honestly, I'd rather we just go back to a 4-3. It just seems easier to find linemen and LBs for that system. And when you go to Nickel/Dime, you still have the same number of linemen on the field, playing pretty much the same way they do in the Base D.

9. Remii

Remii Member

He tackled the entire backfield for a lost. Lol...

They say this kid has "short arms" but this clip showing him wrapping up two people shows that his "short arms" may not be an issue.