1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

What's with Chase Budinger?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rofflesaurus, Nov 4, 2010.

1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

I honestly thought he would win Most Improved this year. He showed all the signs of improvement this pre-season (I know, lol pre-season). His shooting was on point, he was moving great without the ball, and he was improving his playmaking abilities. All of a sudden, he's getting the SAME looks but his shot is JUST not dropping and he's turning it over by forcing bad passes.

I feel like he's almost there. Someone turn him on!

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

His 3pt% is down but his overall FG% is up.

Yes, his turnovers are up, but it's a small sample size.

It's just too early, he seems fine to me.

3. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Chase is fine, he needs to play MORE.

4. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

5. kovacs242

kovacs242 Member

I think he will, he is just in a slump. That happens to everyone. Excluding me. I'm in a valley right now or a canyon. Whatever. When his shooting regresses to the mean (oh what a bad expression), he will be fine.

Off:

People just love to use "regress to the mean". I mean what mean? The mean before the slump happened or which one? Will he regress to last season's mean, or do we assume that there exists a random variable called Chase 2010, and we got some unfavorable outcomes from it? Nevertheless Chase's shooting right now is sort of flukish (did I spell this correctly? it looks weird).

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he's 1 of 11 from three, which is enough to be concerned about, but for now we can assume it's just a slump he's going through

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

I think he will be fine. Just more playing time.

Same for Courtney lee.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Coach said if hw wants more minutes he's got to play defense. He's been working extra hard on his defense. He is now average which is better than sucks. I suspect the effort and concentration he has to focus on defense is affecting his offense. Soon his defense will become more natural and his offense will pick back up.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can be said of a lot of players.....I think.

DD

10. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

He lost his set of tools

1 person likes this.
  11. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Only four games, I have seen some good from him though...

Maybe it is just the A/C vents as Bill Worrell Claims? ;)

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Lee and Bud need more minutes

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is awful on defense. He is a 20 minute man until he can find a new way to consistently contribute, even If his shot isn't dropping.

14. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I actually think he seems slighter quicker and more "sudden" than ever before.

15. lancemorales15

Why did we never play jermaine taylor. He has shoot alot better now and he is a scorer. He can take it to the hole whenever he wants and has shown me good enough defense in the preseason. I swear i think ra hates him. I cant wait till he goes to another team and averages 20 points a game. This guy is special and are coach just likes mediocre players or should i say bad players with shane battier playing 30 min a game and scoring 3 points and playing horrible D. Doesn't make sense Taylor should of split the mins with Bud and sit shane all yr long. Can't wait tilll jermaine goes someone where else and puts up big numbers and makes RA look stupid!

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Thats what happens when you play with the second team and get no open looks with no low post presence anymore. No Landry here. Adelmans system doesnt fit hit. He is a set shooter from the half court offense system. Of course that would be more useful if he is starting with Yao Ming to kick it back out to him.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Lmao. Most of his looks are wide open. Just like they were during the preseason, when he played with the second team and no low post presence.

18. albuster

albuster Member

His long range shot will be fine. Great shooters go through these droughts during a season. He has actually improved a lot on d from last year, and his movement without the ball is pretty good. As I said, he will be fine.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I actually think he's playing well. I liked that post-up he had the other nice on paul.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, and he is taking it into the lane a lot more with good success.

His shot will come.....he should be starting pretty soon I think.

DD