1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CF Fans]Annual Season Report Card

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Roxs-Redemption, Apr 15, 2014.

?

Annual Season Overall Grade for Houston Rockets

1. A+

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. A-

24 vote(s)
    15.5%
  3. A-

65 vote(s)
    41.9%
  4. B+

39 vote(s)
    25.2%
  5. B

20 vote(s)
    12.9%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Roxs-Redemption

What would you give the overall grade to Houston Rockets for the season they had?

Heres my report card for them

Frontcourt:
    Dwight Howard is healthy, happy and productive in the middle, Chandler Parsons on the verge of stardom, Terrence Jones had some very big games this season and Omer Asik has played well getting rebounds when Dwight Howard sat out from injury
    Grade: A-

Backcourt:
    Patrick Beverley defense is one of the reason why we are willing games and without him our defense drops, Jeremy Lin has some highlights here and there, and James Harden is still the best two guard in the league with clutch shots and big plays
    Grade: B+

Defense:
    Howard protects the rim and blocks shots, but the Rockets collectively and inexcusably do a horrible job of giving up offensive rebounds to opponents, we need to get better defensively from James Harden. Patrick Beverley and Howard are the core of the defense in this team.
    Grade: C

Bench:
    While Asik has been in a helping as of late he has helped Rockets to rebound the ball well and Francisco Garcia has had an up and down season, Jordan Hamilton coming in a trade from Nuggets has some positive plays, however, D-Mo and Casspi has been a let down majority of the 2nd half of the season. It was productive to see Canaan and Daniels to get some minutes.
    Grade: C+

Coaching:
    Coach McHale had some disappoint losses but still got us secured for playoffs in 4th spot and sweep Spurs to get a HCA in the first round. Overall a decent effort from Kevin McHale apart from play Howard and Asik together as a "Twin Towers" tandem failed, and injuries have kept him scrambling to cut and paste from the start.
    Grade: B-

Overall Grade for Houston Rockets this season: B+

Have your say in the poll and comment below. Oh, and thanks for reading my thread.

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Nice grades. I was pretty much expecting us to be the 3/4 seed before the season started. However, considering how tough the west was this year and our *mostly* strong 2nd half play, I agree B+ is a good grade yo give overall.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I would give the Bench a C- and the backcourt an A-, but otherwise spot on.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Defense is a solid B.

I would give the front court a B+.

Bench, I agree with the grade, but DMo has actually been good the majority of the second half of the season. Yeah, he sucked as a backup center when Dwight was down (granted he was 4th string behind Dwight, Asik, Smith), but he has mostly performed well at PF (not including this past week).

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If our perimeter defense and pick and roll was better, I would have rated us at an A-. My overall grade is a B, because we are inconsistent.

6. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

To let you know, it has A- twice....but I know what you mean :) . I give us an A.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A-. Did well and seeded well. Can't go A or A+ because we're not favored over the top seeds.

8. PeacePeace

PeacePeace Member

Daryl, you've done a good job. But as you always say, the ultimate goal is a championship.

An A+ would be a championship appearance. Keep up the good work.

Peace.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

We are the 4th seed, which is around what most people predicted. We also ran into a lot of injuries this season, but the fact that we kept up despite the injury bug is a huge positive.

Also, the Rockets are one of the youngest and least experienced team in the league. James Harden, as good as he is, is only in his second season as a starter and the 1st option on his team.

Overall, despite some of the defensive lapse and losses to trap games, the team deserves an A-.

10. FEAR THE BEARD

I give the Rockets a B+ since it is their first year together.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You make this after the playoffs. For instance, if the rockets get bounced in the 1st round, they get an F.

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Wow you guys are generous. D12's defense needs to take one step up and we need Lin to be a consistent 15 ppg and 45 fg% off the bench b4 I put an A anywhere near this team.

13. eric281

eric281 Member

I think the grade for the back court is too low. James Harden was a top 5 player in the league, and I think that PBev clearly exceeded expectations, especially considering it was his first year as a full time starter.

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

F all round. Just kiddin'.....

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sorry, but I'm mostly going to focus on the negative.

Frontcourt - B-. Jones too inconsistent and is a bust against great power forward. Howard has no POST game.

Backcourt - B+. James has no defense. Bev has no play making ability. Lin is who? as often as James letting someone walk by him.

Defense - C. James has no defense. Lin like to watch bird too often. Parsons is decent. We have some great defenders, but our perimeter defense is wacko.

Bench - C-. Outside of Asik and Lin, who?

Coach - C. No accountability. Some improvement on play calling. Team too often unprepared. Can't count minutes.

Other than that, everything is wonderful and great.

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

LOL! What's left?? :p

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Plenty of positives. The team overall, I forgot, is a B-. Yes, the sum is better than its parts.