1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we make the playoffs...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by m0lson, Feb 26, 2008.

1. m0lson

m0lson Member

If we make the playoffs Yao should suck it up an play. Come on big man who the **** cares about the Olympics its not like China is going to win

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

I think that's gonna happen.

In the meantime, why make guarantees?

...Yao's just that kind of guy though. I was really disappointed by Yao's Chicago game...but man, not a peep from him. No excuses. The guy was playing on a fractured foot; you know 4 out of every 5 NBA players would've used that as an excuse. Not Yao.

3. The Brian

The Brian Member

is it possible?

if we make it deep, i can only hope yao comes back.

4. McMingDynasty

McMingDynasty Contributing Member

I highly doubt he would play even if we made it to the finals. I still think our team has a good chance at making the playoffs and even get out of the first round. I just hope McGrady step it up a notch and carry the team on his back. I expect McGrady and Scola's ppg to go up substantially.

5. Dkny_112

Dkny_112 Member

I give Yao mad props for his high pain tolerance. At the same time though, because he was playing so well and wasn't really showing any signs of a limp -this contributed to the late diagnosis of a the stress fracture. In a way, he was too tough for his own good.

Realistically though, he could keep playing on it but this would greatly hinder him in the future (much like Bill Walton). Better to have surgery now and be ready for the Olympics then keep playing on it and letting the bone heal improperly leading to problems next year and beyond.

Keep your head up guys. Yao will come back stronger and better then ever next year. Until then, lets keep supporting the Rockets. :)

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

yea, let's risk career ending injury on our best player who doctors suggest he have surgery on something as minor as a foot. :rolleyes:

7. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Fixed.

8. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

id ont know how tough it is in the NBA but its funny how easily people need surgery.

oh no, sprained finger. you're so brave playing with tthat finger, oh mr kobe bryant. the starving kids in africa can sure learn from your way to suck things up in life and stop appearing on tv tryin to get donations.

i know dead people who didn't need surgery.
    ---
    But if he plays the playoff, then i'm ok. if not, this is a big letdown and i want to point fingers and call names.

9. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

I would put him on our active list, in the final minutes when we are up put him in to shoot free throws, god knows how many games we will choke away with T-Mac, Rafer, and Luther at the line.

10. fayesun

fayesun Member

I am afraid of thinking about the playoffs without Yao

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Bill Walton tried to do that, his team still lost, and his career was injury riddled from then on.

I would rather not have him do that.

12. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

f************ you!
    there is a lot of fans who care about the chinese national team,
    lead by Yao!

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

It's not like Yao is choosing to preserve himself for the Olympics. He is out indefinantly.

Chinese people could say, "Come on big man who the **** cares about the playoffs its not like The Rockets are going to win"

14. The Brian

The Brian Member

if yao gets surgery, recovery time will be 3-4 months.

if we made the finals, it's possible, otherwise, it won't happen.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The Chinese national team most likely has no chance at a metal. They will be lucky to finish 8th. The rockets have a chance to win championship so I think yao should play if he can which he can't.

16. monica

monica Member

It would be a hard time for us to overcome...
    but i believe in rockets that they can make the playoffs..

17. yobod

yobod Member

Have you ever needed surgery? Because if not, I think it's best that you stop now, before you REALLY make a fool out of yourself......

18. Birdrocket

Birdrocket Member

of course we can make the playoffs. the question is how far we can go