1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Caron Butler?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da Wink, Dec 5, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Hmmm...jaust thought of this guy.He may be the odd man out in Miami. If we're going to make a move before the deadline, do you think guys that we can get him maybe together with B. Grant...

2. filtrus

filtrus Member

for who?

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

How bout Butler for Meech and the kings 2nd rounder we got from the rice trade?

Miami could use an enforcer in the middle and the very last pick in the draft. Plus it would help ticket sales if they could boast about having the teat beast of the east.

trade accepted.

4. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

:confused: I thought Anna Nicole Smith hailed from the East. They'll have to get out the tape to declare a winner between the two of them. Great marketing spin. I hope that CD uses it.

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

for who<b>m</b>... just helping with your English! :)

I wish it would, but I don't think Butler for Amaechi and a Round Two pick will work.

What's up with Butler? Why has his stock fallen so abruptly?

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Butler is just hurt right now. He's missed quite a few games early. The only rumor I read was that the Heat would CONSIDER dealing Butler if it meant unloading Eddie Jones' contract. They aren't dealing Butler by himself.

7. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

If the Rockets don't show improvement, I would look at a major trade with the Heat that would involve us sending SF, Cato, MoT, Boki and $$ from trade exception for Grant, Jones, Butler, and Wade.

The Heat would be rid of their giant contracts and SF would probably generate some buzz. They could potentially make the playoffs with a Starting line-up of SF, R. Butler, Odom, MoT, Cato. Odom's passing ability would help compensate for SF's lack there of. Additionally they woud have cap flexibility.

We would raise our B-ball IQ dramatically. Grant and Jones are still good players they are just paid too much. Grant is the ideal 4 to pair with Yao. Jones is a JVG type player. The prize for us for taking these contracts is Butler and Wade.

Starting line-up

Wade
    Jones
    Butler
    Grant
    Yao

We could also try to move Mobes for a solid back-up big guy.

8. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

This is It !

Houston trades: PF Maurice Taylor (10.2 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 24.4 minutes)
    C Kelvin Cato (5.9 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 29.0 minutes)
    Houston receives: PF Brian Grant (8.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.0 minutes)
    SF Caron Butler (4.3 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.4 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -3.7 ppg, -4.1 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

Miami trades: PF Brian Grant (8.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 31.0 minutes)
    SF Caron Butler (4.3 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 1.1 apg in 21.4 minutes)
    Miami receives: PF Maurice Taylor (10.2 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.1 apg in 11 games)
    C Kelvin Cato (5.9 ppg, 8.7 rpg, 0.7 apg in 17 games)
    Change in team outlook: +3.7 ppg, +4.1 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
    Butler has the most poten. of the group. We win on this TRADE !

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I think I would do this trade anyday anytime. Steve is a tremendous talent, but adding Wade, Butler, Grant and even Jones while losing Cato, MoT and Boki upgrades our team overall I'd say.

Doubt Miami would do it, though.

10. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

It would be easier to move the team to Miami.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Stealing my ideas. Hmph.

Gotta put one of these to show I'm not such a grumpy dude: :)

I have posted an idea of trading Cato, Taylor, and Boki for Brian Grant and Caron Butler. Ironically, both teams would seriously upgrade, considering Miami's lopsidedness at the 2/3 spot.

But I would only make such a move if we could also grab Battie from Boston as a backup center, or, at least, some such player.

I don't know how much we would improve offensively, if at all, but our defense should be outstanding.

P.S. Is Butler still injured or are they holding him out until he is either completely healed (his skills being duplicated at the other spots, except D) or until he is traded?

12. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does EG have any value as a contract throw-in ? If he avoids jail, (which he should) then he'd be able to walk into a power forward job in Miami, with Cato at center and Odom sliding down to his natural 3 spot.

Caron Butler is a stud. He'd work well with Ming. So would Grant. If we can help Miami out of the Grant contract and get Butler in return, do it.

13. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

I think we would be better off trading JVG for Jim Clemons

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Pretty cool for us seeing as how we would get the best 2 players of the 4 being traded plus the one young player with a much higher celing than the rest.

15. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

I don't know Miami is serious need of SOMETHING to get people fired up, and I think SF has much more trade value then some assign him. Plus, don't underestimate the value of cap space when trying to build a team.

I think Miami's overall problem is that they have given all-star money to 2 good solid players that cannot be "the man" in Grant and Jones. Both are very good role players that haven't handled the pressure of getting "the man" type money. On our team they would both fit JVG's style to a T as well as compliment Yao very well.

16. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Filtrus --

Italiano?

Da dove vai?

17. munco

munco Member

The ever reliable NY Post said Brent Barry is on the block in Seattle with Ray Allen coming back. I think he would be a nice pickup for us, but who would we have to give up?

Barry would be a good fit for us because he's an excellent passer and ball handler for his size. He could play time at the point and the guy also has a very consistent jump shot. I'd rather have Barry than Caron because I think he's a better fit.

18. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Cheap joke - for an inmate to be named later...