1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If The Wolves Don't Improve, Garnett Wants Out...Would you offer TMac?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Aug 9, 2006.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...if_the_wolves_dont_improve_garnett_wants_out/

I know this question has been asked before but since this is the first time I have seen Garnett say he would ask out of Minny if they don't do more to win I am going to ask it again.

Would you be willing to trade T-Mac for Garnett. KG is a couple of years older but T-Mac is certainly more injury prone. The Rockets would probably have to throw in JHo to make the saleries work but the Wolves would need a PF anyway so it makes sense.

Alston / V-Span / Lucas
    Snider / Head
    Battier / Novak
    KG / Hayes / Novak
    Yao / Deke

That is easily the best front court in the NBA both offensively and defensively.

I love TMac but I would be on the phone in a heart beat with the Wolves about this if I were CD.

2. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

random trade thread has been set up for a reason. :rolleyes:

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wow he is really 30...didn't think he was that old already.

4. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

If TMac is healthy and playing well, the Rockets will likly be winning and won't trade one of their superstars.

If TMac is not healhty and playing crappy, the TWolves wouldn't want him.

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

it's been said time and time again

but still remains sooo true.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

True.

At the moment (not being certain of Tracy's health), I'd pull the trigger for sure, though.

I didn't vote, by the way. "Hell yes" is a little too much of a commitment for me lol. :D

7. luhbron

luhbron Member

Why would we want KG and Yao over Tmac and Yao? Having KG would leave us with no serious outside threat. The inside-outside game that Tmac and Yao create is what keeps teams on their heels against us.

8. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Yep, I agree, it would clog the middle even more.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

even though he's only 30, the guy has been playing for what..12 years now? there's a LOT of miles on those knees

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I disagree.

KG plays more like Ralph Sampson use to. He likes to start his game from the outside.

11. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

I think the real question in the case of the Wolves sucking and trading Garnett away is whether the Rockets will do something to get Mike James back in a firesale.

12. two-sandwiches

I think Tmac is a better complimentary scorer to Yao than Garnett. I seriously believe that Tmacs a more consistent shooter and scorer. Garnett would be a contender if he had a Tmac and could be a secondary scorer. If he accepted the role as a work horse and we had a good shooter on the team I would do it but without one or two almost consistent shooters to surround the two big guys I would choose to keep TMac and wait until we can use JHo and Deke money to get some shooters and bangers.

13. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I don't think Yao and Garnett could work as efficiently together.

I think it would be Hakeem and Barkley all over again. Someone has to sacrafice their game a lot for the other guy.

Of course I'd take a Healthy Garnett over an injured McGrady. But all things being equal, I'll take McGrady over Garnett.

14. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Wow. Talk about making a second rounder into a star. With teams trying to seal off and double team Garnett and Yao up front, Steve Novak could bang in shots almost unopposed.

15. YugoRocketsFan

Some people must be stupid, Tracy McGrady's back is ok, hes stated it like 20 times?

16. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Like Enron fine? :rolleyes: I'm not in favor of trading him, but of course he's going to say that. Didn't Bagwell say the same thing... as Nelly would say, "Must Be The Money!"

17. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

I'd like to see Tmac driving to the basket again. If he still continues to keep shooting the ball from the parking lot, that's not good enough to go to the second round in the postseason games.

18. momosworld

momosworld Member

If you could get Foye in the deal, that might be worth considering.

19. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

a] Do we do it now if we know that the Wolves would take a gamble on
    Mc Grady?
    b] Do we take the gamble on Mc Grady, with several possible results
    1) Damaged goods and only plays a few games here and there.
    2) He is fully recovered and has a great season.[YES!!]***
    3) He is recovered and able to play most of the season but at 65%
    of his peak playing ability.
    4) He becomes injured during the season and can't play again,
    retires but could try and make a comeback in a couple of
    seasons.
    If and all of us hope that it is more than if! McGrady of course will start the season then the Rockets Management incuding Morey firmly are convinced that the only senario is No 2. All loyal Rocket Fans will be holding their breath and backing their decission to the hilt!! :p

20. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Typically you don't trade bigs for smalls, but if I'm the Rockets here, I don't think this team can afford to decimate our backcourt. So many successful teams have come out of a balanced guard/post attack, and I just can't ignore that.

Plus I've had multiple dreams about the Rockets winning it all with T-Mac.