1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Remii

Remii Member

So...

Two words instantly pop into my head... "Don't" and "Care"....

It's baseball and my apologies for even continuing that topic in the thread of a meaningful sport.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

WHAT fanbase? In this state only the counties immediately surrounding Houston root for the Texans. The rest of the state plus Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico, and much of Nevada is Dallas Cowboys country. It's not as if the Texans have given their "fanbase" a lot to hang their collective hats on in their history.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not a surprising comment from a Cowboys fan who pretends to be a Texans fan.....

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No sweat..... maybe next time you'll shut your trap about something you're apathetic toward.

Go Stros and Texans!!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I WAY overestimated how good Washington would be. They're awful and it's worse that they represent 1/3 of Houston's wins along with the NFL's worst Oakland Raiders.

They might end up as one of the top 10 worst teams instead of 5 but there are a lot of games to go. I can't see them sweeping the Jags and Titans without shooting themselves in the foot one at least 1 of those games.

I don't know how you can watch this team and think that they are very good. Brian Cushing has now said that his problems with his knee go beyond just being sore which was an issue I said was a major concern with the texans D along with expecting a "star" in Clowney who never played a NFL down in his life. He's still barely played a down in the NFL. And before you start, please screenshot the frame of video where Clowney's foot sinks into the turf. It doesn't. It clearly lands flat on the ground. The dudes knee just gave out. The rest of the front 7 has been extremely mediocre.

Again, there will be no * next to this season's record that says the team played better than the results on the field. You are as good as your record. I am 1000% certain that you have not gone through every game in the NFL to see what teams are just horrible and what teams have almost won each game.

I hope the team does better and I can say that I was wrong but the team is not what you thought it was and is much closer in record to what many of us thought. The fact that you can't say that maybe our opinions weren't based on the fact that we wanted to be negative is really ridiculous.

I don't understand why more people on this board don't have an issue with you calling them and the Texans fanbase the least intelligent fans in football.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Big dawg that is not an accurate definition of a fair weathered fan. I know a lot of faith fans who let their emotions get the best of them. Thus bashing and whining about their team when they lose, doesn't draft the players they wanted and/or other things they disagree with pertaining the Texans.

Expectations can have a fan all twisted up in the head.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

so much nonsense in this thread already... for the sake of the boards I'm praying for a W tomorrow!

and please ohhh please let us have some Clowney!

8. mick fry

mick fry Member

I dont wanna wish ill on anybody but maybe just a fractured big toe for Fitzy.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If we lose to the Titans, I hope someone shaves him.

10. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

Titans are bad, Texans win 28-10

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

With a pocket knife. ;)

12. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Crazy to think that if we lose the game we'll be in third place in the division.

We beat a rookie QB earlier this season, so here's hoping we can do it again.

Texans Game Release

Titans Game Release

Video Trailer

NFL Films Preview

Point Spread: Houston -3.5
    O/U: 42

Referee: Bill Leavy

Uniform: White jersey / blue pants

TV Distribution Map -- Fox Single (Texans game in purple)

Win Probability Graph (will be live during game)
    <iframe width="500" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://live.advancedfootballanalytics.com/featureGraph.php?team=HST" name="game" ></iframe>

Weather forecast: Sunny with no chance of rain. Temps in the mid 70s. Winds from the SSE at 2 mph.

Go Texans!

13. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

I'm not calling this guy a liar or anything, but I check the NFL transactions everyday and the Texans did not make a roster move on Saturday. They didn't make a roster on any day this week. Not sure where he got his info from.

They wouldn't bring up Ankrah to the 53 on Sunday because I believe a team isn't allowed to make roster moves on Sunday. The latest they could have made a roster move would have been 3pm on Saturday.

There's nothing from McClain or Berman on Ankrah being promoted to the 53.

14. whozee

whozee Member

JJ Watt says "Hi"

[​IMG]

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

An old rusty dull pocket knife. Lol

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No. 1 pick Jadeveon Clowney will play for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> today, I’m told. Expect him to come on in passing situations, then see how he feels</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/526352898838781952">October 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Looking forward to see the clown and jj together

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Do not expect Brian Cushing to play today.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/526388400686129152" data-datetime="2014-10-26T15:02:29+00:00">October 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

But Billy told us there's no truth to the report!!!

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I forgot we even had a game tofay. Imagine that.